How do you guys check your oil yz250f?

10 replies to this topic
  • papa21

Posted February 04, 2006 - 04:03 PM

I know how to check the oil but I am curious to see how you guys check your oil on your Yz250F?

• ThumperMx365

Posted February 04, 2006 - 04:17 PM

On my 05 I used the dip-stick.

• crazycracker

Posted February 04, 2006 - 04:19 PM

Use the dip stick in the frame

• Matt96xr6

Posted February 04, 2006 - 04:30 PM

change the oil.

• papa21

Posted February 04, 2006 - 04:34 PM

What are all of you guys talking about? I said I know how to check the oil I was just wondering how you guys do it. I start the bike for about 3 minutes then shut it off let it cool for 2 minutes then take the dipstick then check the oil. Make sure it is in between the two marks. What do you guys do?

• m0tyrider

Posted February 04, 2006 - 04:39 PM

I would assume everybody does something similar to that process :S Seriously how many different ways can you check the oil? :thumbsup:

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted February 04, 2006 - 04:52 PM

change the oil.

Yup I check mine by swapping it out every ride day. It's the best way to insure the bike has the best available oil for lubrication.

• grayracer513

Posted February 04, 2006 - 06:49 PM

After carefully adjusting for the fuel level, coolant level, fork oil height, and a 3-dimensional laser analysis of the tire wear condition and the dirt deposits here and there, I weigh the motorcycle and then feed the information into my PC which, using an elaborate spreadsheet template, calculates the oil level to within 5cc, corrected for temperature.

But using the dipstick does sound simpler. I may try that.

• firehouse_fabrication

Posted February 05, 2006 - 09:51 AM

:thumbsup:

• dustin8285

Posted February 05, 2006 - 11:35 AM

I take a look at the sight glass, and check all of the other fluids so I know I am good before I go out again??

• Matt96xr6

Posted February 05, 2006 - 12:44 PM

I take a look at the sight glass, and check all of the other fluids so I know I am good before I go out again??

Yeah I always check the innerchamber fluids on my forks before riding!

not.

The manual has a step by step to check the oil in the steel frames. I dont think there is any other better way to do it -- unless you change and measure the amount.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.