my LED brake light pic (under stock lense)

7 replies to this topic
  • wickedsprint

Posted February 04, 2006 - 12:27 PM

Been reading alot of how people rigged up a brake light to their 650R and out of all the ideas I found, it seemed easiest to just add another 194 type socket, so I scrapped all of the rubber dampening crap under the lense and bought two 194 type sockets from the parts store, ground them down to be very skinny, and running one for brake,one for tail light, using red LED 194 type bulbs that have 5 LEDs per socket and they are VERY bright and work fine off the AC, here it is with the lense popped. Fits under the stock lense with room to spare.

Posted Image

• AzMtnThumper

Posted February 04, 2006 - 01:46 PM

Cool thanks for posting a pic! :thumbsup:

• HawkGT

Posted February 04, 2006 - 02:57 PM

Very nice. LEDs are the way to go. Thanks for sharing.

• bork

Posted February 04, 2006 - 03:37 PM

I tried one led cluster a while back & it wouldn't work . Maybe the xr600r is different ? Maybe I need 2 clusters for proper amperage. Good post ! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wickedsprint

Posted February 04, 2006 - 04:42 PM

Check your wiring, some LEDs are polarized, and some aren't, these are not and I think that makes a difference, the first time I fire dit up they did not light, and it was the bulbs not fitting tight enough in the sockets, just pry the tabs out a skosh and it should work.

• bork

Posted February 04, 2006 - 08:29 PM

How can you tell if they are polarized or not?

• Supplicate

Posted February 04, 2006 - 08:37 PM

where in Wyo you living?

and how does the brightness look when you pull on the brake?

I've been contemplating getting mine plated this summer down here in SW Wyo.

• wickedsprint

Posted February 04, 2006 - 08:51 PM

I am still here in cheyenne, we will have to meet somewhere halfway for riding, aren't you in rock springs? The package will say if they are polarized. They are very bright, ALOT brighter than the stock bulb just sitting under the lense. When I get all the wiring finished and neatened up I will get some pics up. I mainly wanted to get this pic for anyone hell bent on a break light under the stock lense, I hate the look of the stock running light PLUS one of those goofy tailight/license holder deals.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.