Replacing Rear Shock Spring

1 reply to this topic
  • Agent2

Posted February 04, 2006 - 12:06 PM

I want to swap in an Eibach spring in place of the stocker on my 650r. It looks pretty staightforward, but any tips, secrets, or things I should look out for would be appreciated. TIA.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • needsprayer

Posted February 04, 2006 - 01:15 PM

Something to consider when you have everything apart.

The lower shock link rides to the right wearing down the aluminum surfaces. These pictures were posted some time ago on TT.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I handmade a brass washer for the right hand side.

The free space between the swingarm mounting collars and the shockarm is very tight due to the extra length of the bushing/tube (that sits inside the shockarm). This tube is slightly longer than the width of the shockarm link, so I fashioned up a thin brass washer that slips over this tube.

Brass Plate
Posted Image

Start of the homemade washer
Posted Image

The outside diameter of the washer is equal to the outside diameter of the shock arm housing. The inside diameter is very slightly larger than the bushing/tube. So the washer just fits over the tube and covers the whole surface of the face on the shock arm.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.