ENM hour meter wont show RMP WTF??

2 replies to this topic
  • duke2au

Posted February 03, 2006 - 07:45 PM

Hi all, I have one of these:Hour meter

It doe snot seem to show me any RMP at all. I have the instructions here with me and uninstalled it...reinstalled.. reset it.. tried different modes...

From what I understand, Itssupposed to show me the RPM and also count houres per the spark (once per revalution??) and count down to service set interval. All that is displayed on the LCD is "0.0 hours" whether the engine is running or not.

What could I be doing wrong???? :thumbsup: :bonk:

BTW, there is a black and a orange wire runnign out of the spark plug seal that I assume to be the "spark plug cable". Its not your conventional XR type spark plug cable..
Which one to I wrap around? The orang or the black... or both.. :thumbsup:

Here are the Specs:

Large 7 segment LCD display
Low cost and small size
No power required
Solid state electronics
Quartz crystal
Wide operating temperature range
High reliability
Standard is resettable, non reset version is available from factory
Indicates operation in RPMs and hours
Self programmable or factory set 1, 2, 4, cycle engine, or hour meter only
Easy to install.
Made in the U.S.A.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The_Blue_One

Posted February 03, 2006 - 08:09 PM

You need to wrap it around the top 2-3 times like this.
Posted Image

• duke2au

Posted February 04, 2006 - 12:40 AM

I tried that, It did not work... I ended up taking the red wire and unplugging the seal and then wrappred it.. It worked then!... my question now is wha spark setting do I set it at? eg:

1 = spark once every second revolution
2 spark once every ...

whats a WR do anyway...??

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.