Dry clutch Help!

2 replies to this topic
  • jobstress

Posted February 03, 2006 - 06:56 PM

I have heard that a clutch can go dry after sitting for a long time, but mine is going dry after sitting for just an hour or so. Just had it at the dealer. It had a little trouble before I took it, they said it was fine. When I got it home after sitting for an hour or so it was locked up again. Starting and riding fixes this but what would cause it and why all of a sudden?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jerryls

Posted February 03, 2006 - 09:33 PM

Please clarify what you mean by "locked up".

Jerry

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 04, 2006 - 06:05 AM

The clutches on our bikes do not release when dry from sitting around. They drag so much that you cant push them unless you are in neutral. The problem goes away once the engine is warmed up and oil is circulated in the clutch. Your dealer is right. Stop worrying and start riding! :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.