Does a jet kit help a 4 stroke even if it is not acting up?

9 replies to this topic
  • kawirider

Posted February 03, 2006 - 06:15 PM

I have finally managed to get my bike to run smoothly at all rpms. It goes from idle to the rev limiter without a hiccup, and when I let off at high rpm, it does not backfire. Would a jet kit still help my '03? What kind of differance could I expect?

• Fastest1

Posted February 03, 2006 - 06:58 PM

If you suffer no symptoms, then no it wont help. If a kit offers custom needles then yes it could be better possibly. Performance will only be realized with knowledge, experimentation and patience. Jetting is a fine art. How much adjustment/changes did you have to make to accomplish this? Or is it stock?

• 642MX

Posted February 03, 2006 - 07:41 PM

My jetting was good, I thought. Then I got a JD Jetting Kit and it makes all the difference in the world. It revs like somebody lightened the flywheel. I'm impressed, so impressed that I bought one for my girly's 250F.

• flintlock28

Posted February 03, 2006 - 07:47 PM

Supposedly, the j/d kit will improve even a finely tuned stock jetted bike, because the man who designed them, designs their shape to fit the ignition curve of the particular bike.

• grayracer513

Posted February 03, 2006 - 07:51 PM

Jetting is a fine art.

And then the weather changes....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt96xr6

Posted February 03, 2006 - 09:59 PM

When I bought my 03 450 it ran good. It had the DRD pipe and extended fuel screw. No bog, ran out good.

But I still had the red needle from the 4xx kit and so I jetted the bike per JD kit instructions with the red needle. MAN, it felt like about another 4hp from the bike! It was a totally different animal!

Like Gray said, jetting may need to be updated from time to time. Also having a bike that is a bit rich may not have any bogs, but you may not be getting the max power out of it either.

• kawirider

Posted February 04, 2006 - 09:39 AM

And then the weather changes....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes that is one of my least favorite things about jetting

I didnt really change anything, I just put a fuel screw on it, and when I went out on a good day a couple weeks ago (70 degrees or so) it was acting perfect. Have not had a chance to ride it since. I dunno if it is stock or not because I have yet to dive into the carburator since I bought it a few months ago.

• Ga426owner

Posted February 04, 2006 - 12:03 PM

I have finally managed to get my bike to run smoothly at all rpms. It goes from idle to the rev limiter without a hiccup, and when I let off at high rpm, it does not backfire. Would a jet kit still help my '03? What kind of differance could I expect?

My 03 with the JD kit is simply.........awesome... :thumbsup: More power everywhere....but it does take patience to get it all right.... :thumbsup:

• jwcrf05

Posted February 04, 2006 - 12:52 PM

where is the best place online to buy the jd jet kit?

• RideRaceLive123

Posted February 04, 2006 - 01:00 PM

where is the best place online to buy the jd jet kit?

TT store :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.