5 replies to this topic
  • Punisher660

Posted February 02, 2006 - 09:16 PM

OK, let someone barrow my bike and now it need new pegs -
What are the recommendations?

It had IMS Pro- they seemed OK, but wondering about the pivot type and the fast ways as well.

• chiefsfan.58

Posted February 02, 2006 - 09:27 PM

I went from stock pegs to the fastway pegs and I love how stable my boots feel on them.... I kicked the idea around on the swivel pegs (powerpegs?) and opted to go for the fastways because the reason I wanted pegs in the first place was for stability. I have read good things about both but I think the IMS are the most common to see people upgrade to. Hope I might have helped.... :thumbsup:

P.S. probably a good thing that the only thing your bike needs after loaning it out, is pegs.....

• clark4131

Posted February 03, 2006 - 05:56 AM

Another vote for the Fastways here. Thought about the Powerpegs, but the pivot thing scared me...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bluethundaaaa

Posted February 03, 2006 - 06:33 AM

I went with the PowerPegs (PowerPegz?) and I have just been able to dink around in the yard a bit. But since while standing I have a difficult time getting my sizable boot under the shift lever (and I have moved it around a bit but then it makes it difficult to shift while sitting) I thought I would give them a try.

• Punisher660

Posted February 03, 2006 - 08:28 AM

P.S. probably a good thing that the only thing your bike needs after loaning it out, is pegs.....

You arent kidding. I was there when they wrecked, they were on a steep "slickrock" ledge near moab. They hit a slick patch were the sand had been blown onto the rock and just slid all the way down. Luckily I had the hand guards on there - between the handguards and the pegs, it completely saved the bike.

Are the fastways any wider than the IMS pro?

• chiefsfan.58

Posted February 05, 2006 - 12:19 AM

My cousin has the IMS pegs and they seem to be nearly as wide as the fastways (maybe slightly less), but the fastways are wide all the way out while the IMS pegs have the radius towards the outside.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.