Brian lamaey

5 replies to this topic
  • KVO-TN1-2beat

Posted February 02, 2006 - 08:57 PM

Any of you all that have posted in the classifieds ever heard of this guy? He's trying to get my address and what not to send me a cashiers check for a bike he has never seen in person. I'd appriciate any info on this fellow.

• 642MX

Posted February 02, 2006 - 09:13 PM

Never heard of him. Is he a TT member?

• KVO-TN1-2beat

Posted February 02, 2006 - 09:44 PM

not that I know of.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • STRAIGHT EDGE

Posted February 02, 2006 - 11:45 PM

IT'S A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!, My friend just went through something simular when he was trying to sell his bike through the recycler. The guy sent an e-mail stating he wanted to buy the bike without seeing it, he would send him a cashiers check or money order with an extra $ 650 for shipping, once it was recieved then my friend was to send back the $650 for the shipping so he ( the one that wanted to buy the bike ) could pay for the shipping himself. My friend took the FAKE check into the bank and it was a FAKE Washington Mutual check. We think these people are trying to SCAM others into possibly depositing the check via ATM and hopefully not giving the check time clear, and the victim would send back the shipping amount, so the person would come up on $650.

• fowler175

Posted February 03, 2006 - 05:30 AM

I had the same offer when I sold my DRZ. The guy wanted it without looking at it, and never asked about the price or anything. He wanted to send me a cashiers check to cover the sale and the shipping, but he wanted my physical address, claiming that his "client" was in a rush, and it would take too long to send the check to the post office. I refused to give out my house address, and when I asked him to call me on the phone, he claimed his phone wouldn't do long distance. I then asked for his phone #, and stated that I would call him to discuss the details before I would agree to anything. I have never heard from him again.

• MWB

Posted February 03, 2006 - 07:56 AM

Tell him to send you the check to your office and give him the Local

Nearest United States Secret Services -Financial Crimes Divisions address for your area and see if still wants to buy it. Then ask him for his name and Phone number so you can get back to him to coordinate the sale.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.