ASV clutch and brake set

7 replies to this topic
  • yzf_guy

Posted February 02, 2006 - 07:01 PM

Hey does anybody have the ASV F1 clutch and brake set on their 06 yz450f or 05. If so how do you like it, and also did you have problems with the hot start lever? I put mine on and the hot start cable barrel end is way smaller than the hole it goes in.

• snowboardstylee

Posted February 03, 2006 - 10:09 AM

There should have beeen a little sleeve adapter that came with it. I dont l ike the F1 i like the F3 levers. i got the works performace Eleite perch with hot start, it came with the little adapter sleeve for the smaller cable end. it is the smoothest nicest damn cluch perch ever .. it makes my riding so much better. you can also put the unbreakable ASV lever on it if you want lever # (cfm-36) they make it in shorty or regular lenght.

Also talked to the ASV guys at Supercross pits, they said they are coming out with a new perch in the next few months that is suposed to be "better" than the Works Eleite. but i doubt that time will tell . but for 150 bucks you cant go wrong the Works has bearings whistles and all the trim package available . i couldnt imagine riding a bike without one now.

Also moved my kill button to the right side .. a lot better.... just reads upside down. but who cares

• tdc_worm

Posted February 03, 2006 - 05:45 PM

Hey does anybody have the ASV F1 clutch and brake set on their 06 yz450f or 05. If so how do you like it, and also did you have problems with the hot start lever? I put mine on and the hot start cable barrel end is way smaller than the hole it goes in.

i have f3s on both my 06 250f and 450f. they make a world of difference. i love the adjustable reach and the on the fly clutch adjuster...it is so easy to spin when needed...

i had the same problem with the hot start, but there is a simple solution: use some black electrical tap to wrap around the barrel end of the cable until it is approx the same diameter as the perch. use an xacto knife to trim the excess, plug and play. i have been rocking mine like that for 2 months without a problem.

• snowboardstylee

Posted February 03, 2006 - 06:21 PM

just call works performance ask them to send you the little adapter sleve for the hot start

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aedwards07

Posted February 03, 2006 - 06:31 PM

snowboardstylee,
Do you possibly know what lever that ASV lever that fits the Elite perch cross refrences to(like what bike).I am trying to get a folding lever from Sunline but they are kinda stumped as to what lever it the perch cross references to.

• aedwards07

Posted February 03, 2006 - 06:39 PM

Found it.It crosses to a:
(No Perch) made specifically for late model YamahaYZ/YZF 2000-2004, and 2000-2003 WR (Does Not Fit 2004 WR Please see Part Number CMF37 for 2004 WR 250/450)

Also fits new 2004 Honda CR/CRF/CRF-X 125/250/450. Fits into your stock Yamaha YZ or 2004 Honda CR/CRF/CRF-X perch.

Also works with late model 2000-2004 Yamaha four strokes with integrated hot start lever/perch, and 2004 Honda CRF 250R/250X and CRF 450R/450X with integrated hot start levers.

Also it just so happends I have a GYTR folding lever I ran on my 04 yz250f which should fit.I will try it tomorrow and let you know if it fits.

• yzf_guy

Posted February 03, 2006 - 07:08 PM

I got a little black sleeve adapter with the longhorn clutch, which are a peice of crap, but I have no idea how it goes on. I will post pics soon.

• Drfletcherdc

Posted February 04, 2006 - 08:43 AM

Also moved my kill button to the right side .. a lot better.... just reads upside down. but who cares

Ryan Clark who rides Supercross also does that. He kept trying to convince me that it is better on the right side. I still don't see why though.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.