Trany 450 06

9 replies to this topic
  • Derik Tate

Posted February 02, 2006 - 06:42 PM

My last bike did not have a fill cap by the trany for oil. It was all done up in the neck, also had dip stick there. My new 06 has dipstick up top and a fill cap down low. Do the trans/motor still share the same oil? im confused. Acording to my manual its all together still but want to make sure. Also i hear a kind of growling sound from trans when sitting still. Should i be worried? I guess i will have to get used to all of the new changes. Thanks for any advice.

• SID013

Posted February 03, 2006 - 12:14 AM

Just got my 06 WR450 also & the first oil/filter change was a pain. The manual says to fill at the transfer case at the filler & then goes up to the frame tank. Mine growls a bit on idle so would be interested to hear from other concerned 06 riders also.

• Derik Tate

Posted February 04, 2006 - 05:27 PM

Over 70 people looked at this and i get 1 responce. &%$#@! :thumbsup:

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 04, 2006 - 06:23 PM

Over 70 people looked at this and i get 1 responce. &%$#@! :eek:

Maybe the 70 of us that looked at this dont have the 2006 and cant offer any help!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :bonk: :bonk:
This is a great forum maybe you should read more posts and see just how helpfull TT is! :thumbsup:

• boer

Posted February 04, 2006 - 08:34 PM

If I have learned one thing it's that offroad bikes make a crap load of noise and rattles, especially single cylinder bikes. If it runs perfectly, don't worry about the growl, I think it's the noisy clutch wirring sound that has been discussed a few days ago on a similar forum. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Derik Tate

Posted February 05, 2006 - 07:20 AM

Well, thanks for finally giving me some sort of answer. Its a new bike and im not used to the noises like i was to my 426. By the way i did read most of this forum but did not find the answer i was looking for. I do like this TT site and it has helped me in the past.

• devo1

Posted February 05, 2006 - 08:01 AM

My last bike did not have a fill cap by the trany for oil. It was all done up in the neck, also had dip stick there. My new 06 has dipstick up top and a fill cap down low. Do the trans/motor still share the same oil? im confused. Acording to my manual its all together still but want to make sure. Also i hear a kind of growling sound from trans when sitting still. Should i be worried? I guess i will have to get used to all of the new changes. Thanks for any advice.

Nothing to worry about, my 450 made the same noise. After putting several hours on it, the noise went away. Also don't forget you still have to drain the oil out of the frame, but pour the oil in motor instead of the dipstick hole. :thumbsup:

• Derik Tate

Posted February 05, 2006 - 05:07 PM

Thanks :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . Are you still going riding with us to Whiterock?

• nurooi

Posted February 06, 2006 - 03:27 AM

HI There,

Not sure this will help but I have the WR 06 as well. According to my manual there is a drainbolt in the neck and the bottom. I did the oil filter repalcement as well and then refilled the oil at the bottom filler plug as per the manual. Seems to be fine......

Regards

Nurooi

• pops 56

Posted February 06, 2006 - 03:59 AM

My 04 wr450 has been making the same noise since new . No problems as of yet. After fitting a large whipps alloy bash plate on it amplified the noise big time. Enjoy your new ride.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.