Rekluse

12 replies to this topic
  • SkyRyder55

Posted February 02, 2006 - 05:58 PM

:thumbsup:
IS IT WORTH IT. I AM THINKING OF GETTING ONE FOY MY 05 YZ450. I RACE EVERY WEEKEND AND TRAIL RIDE A LOT. i CAN GET IT FOR ABOUT 50% OFF. $350 CDN. WORTH IT OR NOT. LONG TERM DURABILITY?
CLUTCH LIFE AFTER INSTALLING ONE?

• maddogyz250f

Posted February 02, 2006 - 08:18 PM

When setup correctly, the Rekluse is awesome. Reduced arm pump and the bike will never stall.

It is critical that the clearance is set as directed by Rekluse or the cutch will slip excessively under load. The auto-clutch is "smarter" than most riders so it actually wears slower than a manual clutch. You can get the manual override and have the best of both worlds.

• mowtown

Posted February 02, 2006 - 08:23 PM

I loved my auto clutch until....a small piece broke off and went through my motor. $1000 later, I'm back to the manual set up. It wasn't a Rekluse but I'm done with auto trannies in bikes. A local private mechanic said he's only seen 2 Rekluses "let go" but when they did it wasn't pretty. Reliability seems high but not high enough for me...or my wallet.

• Batmandog

Posted February 02, 2006 - 08:51 PM

Ditto on Skyriders Q's . And ... how about the Rekluse as a slipper for MX riding specifically ?
I've been through most of the earlier posts - there are plenty and almost all of the reviews are positive but I'd like to some hear some more current opinion especially for the slightly older and beastlier YZ450's ! Anyone had the opportunity to compare the STM and Rekluse back to back ?....and BTW , I do know the technical/operational difference between the two , and the dollar difference . Just curious , leaning toward Rekluse though .
Bring it on fellow moto-nutballs , I've got a surgery coming up to repair the results of my latest bike/body/earth energy transfer geological study and I'll have lots of time to read other people's idea's on better ways to go fast and not hit the floor ....much !

• Fastest1

Posted February 03, 2006 - 04:56 AM

It is not a slipper like the STM and it is bulletproof! I have never heard of a failure with the rekluse though all parts will fail eventually. It is well designed and built and it wouldnt fail anymore than the stock parts would. Buy it and quit worrying, set up is a breeze and the customer service is the best in the/any industry. I have a friend who races mx with one (after he harassed me for a year) and has had better starts ever since, he doesnt harass me anymore and is a convert. Follow the directions and dont worry, unlike the EFM or Revloc (though these are great products too) no mods to your stock parts need to be made so going back to stock is simple. BTW the ball and ramp technology they all use has been used in many applications for years. It is a proven design just a new application. When 100 people on TT like a product and 2-3 dont, it is a great product. TT users are very critical of components. Hope this helps.

• Batmandog

Posted February 03, 2006 - 11:17 AM

Can I assume that you can rear brake to wheel lock up without stalling also ? Pardon the ignorance but I haven't heard anyone address that specifically .
I had also read that it can be adjusted to give some limited slippage and was wondering how well that worked compared to stock....I'm getting good vibes about this thing anyway , I think I'm already sold .....
TY for the info .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Butta

Posted February 03, 2006 - 12:12 PM

I had a chance to ride a KTM 450SX with a Rekluse on it and I tried that exact maneuver. I was on the throttle hard into a corner, chopped the throttle and locked up the back tire, sliding through the corner, then off the brake and on the gas on the way out.....NEVER touching the clutch lever. Yes, it was unnatural, No it didn't feel right, and YES I DEFINITELY wanted one after that....still waiting for the "extra" cash for one, though.....

:thumbsup:

• Batmandog

Posted February 03, 2006 - 02:43 PM

That was the answer that I was looking for , thanks........

• Fastest1

Posted February 03, 2006 - 04:13 PM

I havent even had a clutch lever/override in years! And yes you can ride it like a kid on a bicycle! Left hand rear brake is the sh!t, however I wish I could stop feathering the lever (hard to mentally think it isnt the clutch. You will not regret your decision, I promise and set up couldnt be easier.

• 642MX

Posted February 03, 2006 - 04:44 PM

Can I assume that you can rear brake to wheel lock up without stalling also ? Pardon the ignorance but I haven't heard anyone address that specifically .
I had also read that it can be adjusted to give some limited slippage and was wondering how well that worked compared to stock....I'm getting good vibes about this thing anyway , I think I'm already sold .....
TY for the info .

It can be adjusted to slip at different RPM ranges. You can lock the rear wheel in a corner, in the air, or on pavement and the motor will just idle. It also feathers the clutch better than I ever could.......everytime you accelerate. :thumbsup:

• YZRob

Posted February 03, 2006 - 05:15 PM

I just orderd one myself for a 426, perch adjuster and everything. I cannot wait for it to arrive :thumbsup:
Wait! is that UPS at the door?

• Batmandog

Posted February 03, 2006 - 05:52 PM

Nice ! Thanks ....

• gdbarr1976

Posted February 03, 2006 - 07:37 PM

I had a efm on my 250f. It was great but it was held on with about a 100 little screws onto the clutch hub. They came loose and I had to take it off after to many stripped out. I think I could have fixed it but that is when my 06 450f le came in. I ride in the woods mainly so I like a little flywheel weight. No flywheel is available so I ordered a rekluse with the perch adjuster and have been running it for 4 weeks. The first race was the day after I put it on and it was a disaster. But, the fix was simple. Read the set up instructions and follow them!!! It was set up to tite and keep stalling. Take the time to set it up and get used to it. My second race was one week later and after I had it set up. (I read and followed the instructions). Results, 4th overall. It is to good. I don't see any way it could fail mechanically except for the screws coming loose. Loctite them and check them. I am a woods rider but I have started motoing to get a little speed to try to qualify for the isde. This is my last shot and I think the auto clutch and the 450 power is the perfect combo. But for sure, get used to it and get it adjusted right before heading to the starting gate.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.