pushing feel on the 06 450

15 replies to this topic
  • riderman329

Posted February 02, 2006 - 05:12 PM

what does this pushing feel like i have yet to experince it, or maybe i have and i just don't know it? what is it doing, and how does it feel?

• KillerHiller

Posted February 02, 2006 - 05:43 PM

My description of pushing would be:

instead of the front end sticking to the line you were hoping for, the front wheel drifts to the outside of the turn, loosing your line, and potentially loosing the front end completly, resulting in slower lap times, and/or a potential fall.

It sounds like a new front tire, 98mm rear sag, and sliding the forks up in the triple, cures this rumored issue.

KH

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted February 02, 2006 - 05:57 PM

You know I havent really felt it either. But I havent been on the track much, and when I am I am damn slow, maybe thats why. I absoulutely love the feel of this bike. Is it just because I am too slow to know the difference. :thumbsup:

• riderman329

Posted February 02, 2006 - 06:02 PM

i'll have to check of it this weekend!! thanks!!!

• Satch0922

Posted February 02, 2006 - 06:31 PM

The 06 I rode (DPW's) did not push. Maybe because he set it up properly? :thumbsup:

• NYMXer

Posted February 03, 2006 - 04:05 AM

AS on any bike........set up is the key!

• markhardgrove

Posted February 03, 2006 - 04:10 AM

Mine pushed and washed out a couple times in soft and sandy soils when. I changed the front tire, raised the forks to the first mark, set the race sag at 98, and it carves corners and is predictable. Best bike I have ever riden two new 06 honda 450 guys also think the 06 yamaha 450 has the edge with less vibration, lighter feel, better handling, and they have all experienced problems with valves and rear shock already!
Bulletproof! :thumbsup:

• Satch0922

Posted February 03, 2006 - 06:09 PM

Mine pushed and washed out a couple times in soft and sandy soils when. I changed the front tire, raised the forks to the first mark, set the race sag at 98, and it carves corners and is predictable. Best bike I have ever riden two new 06 honda 450 guys also think the 06 yamaha 450 has the edge with less vibration, lighter feel, better handling, and they have all experienced problems with valves and rear shock already!
Bulletproof! :bonk:

Maybe we should sticky Mark's post at the top of the YZF forum. Would save a lot of people a lot of time asking the same question over and over!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 03, 2006 - 07:59 PM

Turning with the '06 I rode was like drawing a line on a page. Not even close to pushing, but the guy who owns it is within 5 pounds of my weight, and had already pulled the forks up, set the sag, and had a more appropriate tire on the front. The bike was amazing.

• KillerHiller

Posted February 03, 2006 - 08:46 PM

Turning with the '06 I rode was like drawing a line on a page. Not even close to pushing, but the guy who owns it is within 5 pounds of my weight, and had already pulled the forks up, set the sag, and had a more appropriate tire on the front. The bike was amazing.

Man, that sounds like a fun bike! Were you on a track or trail? Just curious.

KH

• 2012 450 xc-w

Posted February 04, 2006 - 05:49 AM

killlerhiller, what part of colorado you from? my tire of choice for front- dunlop 755

• KillerHiller

Posted February 04, 2006 - 06:50 AM

Hey 06YZ450,

I'm in Edwards, 10 miles west of Vail. Actually, I use a 755 as well on my YZ250. Sometimes a 756.

Where are you located? Is your 450 turning the way you want it to? I think I need one!

• howard27

Posted February 04, 2006 - 11:13 AM

What I found was , when the bike is giving that pushing sensation it is directly related to body position . (Yes all the adjustments recomended work well) Even with the 739 in the winter condition after the laps start adding up and riding form starts to get sloppy .If I dont get "ALL" the way up front It may push. Dunlop is releasing a new race replica soon. Also keep the front tire as low as the conditions will allow and play with the clickers. The forks are simply magic.

• jumpin_tumper

Posted February 05, 2006 - 08:14 AM

sell it!!!get the ktm and you will be happy!! :thumbsup:

• wingman111

Posted February 05, 2006 - 08:48 AM

Jumpin Tumper,Whats with the troll activity? Your post on forums other than Ktm are not adding useful information,what are you 15?

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted February 05, 2006 - 10:21 AM

whats a 'tumper' :thumbsup: Go troll elsewhere. We have bikes to brag about.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.