Height of stock bars on 06?

11 replies to this topic
  • baymen12

Posted February 01, 2006 - 11:33 PM

I asked this a while back but want to double check. MXA says to add 10mm higher bars. Are the stockers 85mm as I was told here? I ordered CR high bars at 95mm. Does this sound right?

• grayracer513

Posted February 01, 2006 - 11:46 PM

The CR bends have a little more pull back (sweep). You might not care for that. Or you might. Another bend is the Windham (RM High) at 99mm high with nearly the same pullback as the YZ bend

• DPW

Posted February 02, 2006 - 06:21 AM

I asked this a while back but want to double check. MXA says to add 10mm higher bars. Are the stockers 85mm as I was told here? I ordered CR high bars at 95mm. Does this sound right?

are you the same height as the MXA riders? Bars are a personal preference item, some folks like the stock bars.

• Drfletcherdc

Posted February 02, 2006 - 06:33 AM

I put on some Ricky Carmichael High bends and took it to the track yesterday. I will say that it is the only thing that I didn't care for about my bike. I couldn't figure out if I need to pull the bars back or they were too high. I wished I would have rode it with the stock bars on first.

• mitocross

Posted February 02, 2006 - 07:16 AM

I bought CR Hi bars too, but the difference between the stock bars is 18mm because they are 77mm. The stock bend seems to be the Carmichael ProTaper bend. Slide up the forks some 7mm (most people recommend this anyway) and it should be fine.

• howard27

Posted February 04, 2006 - 01:31 PM

PT Windham :thumbsup: I'm 6'2"

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zcookie49

Posted February 04, 2006 - 02:10 PM

Protapers also sells bar risers, 35mm,45mm,55mm heights. If I think there is a problem, thats what I'll probably get, about $60.

• grayracer513

Posted February 04, 2006 - 02:32 PM

are you the same height as the MXA riders?

Which one? There's like 14 of them.

• mxmark

Posted February 04, 2006 - 05:31 PM

I just bought some GYT taller handle bar holders. They are about 10mm higher. I just need to buy the bike now. Thanks Mark

• DPW

Posted February 04, 2006 - 05:35 PM

I just bought some GYT taller handle bar holders. They are about 10mm higher. I just need to buy the bike now. Thanks Mark

pictures! are they the same stock color!? Are they any more forward? What dealer did you get them from, my local guy can't find any info on them?

Sorry for all the questions...

• mxmark

Posted February 05, 2006 - 05:02 PM

pictures! are they the same stock color!? Are they any more forward? What dealer did you get them from, my local guy can't find any info on them?

Sorry for all the questions...

They are Silver color. Same offset forward/back as stock. They are the same shape of the stock ones. They have a bolt from the bottom and two spacers. You could run both spacers on top or one spacer on top but you would need to put the other spacer on the bottom to fill up the space for the length of the bolt. GYT-2S275-10-00 Tall bar mounts for 1 1/8 bars All 2006 YZ 125-450. Have your guy punch the number into the Yamaha computer. Thanks Mark

• ronniejet

Posted February 05, 2006 - 07:30 PM

I read the MXA review as well and agree that the stock bars (which appear to be YZ Highs 31.5"/84mm/52mm) seem to low, I had a bigger issue with the bend. Im treating it like the suspension though - small changes at a time, so I'm trying the Henry / Reed bars 1st then possibly CR highs or maybe Hawkins Woods - these 3 bars felt best in my hands of the bike but it’s a damn expensive way to find the right fit if you ask me.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.