Scotts Damper-Street Vs. Dirt

No replies to this topic
  • WRECKS

Posted February 01, 2006 - 10:08 PM

Scotts makes dampers for both street and dirt bikes. The difference is that the street model dampens in both directions ( away from center and returning to center) and the dirt model only dampens in one direction (away from center). I would like to know if it is possible to modify a street damper to perform like the dirt model? I called Scotts, asked the guy if there was any internals I could buy to change a street model to dirt. He said no. I did not, however, ask if there were any machining mods to do this.
The reason I ask is because there seems to be an abundance of street dampers available on E-bay at lower prices than the dirt models. Any one have enough experience with these to know?
Thanks,
WRECKS

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.