Wheel rub on fork guards w/ Marchesini 06 WR450

11 replies to this topic
  • FOZZ

Posted February 01, 2006 - 08:17 PM

I just have a quick question as my Marchesini wheels are having full contact on both sides at all times w/ the stock fork guards - Major contact - preventing from even trying to ride that way.. I could probally drill into the guards & zip-tie them together but would rather get some nice carbon ones that will fit tighter around the forks..

Are there any good options for carbon fiber guards ?
I see GYTR dont have the lower guards that will fit - I think ?

Or are the aftermaket ones going to be the same diameter as the stockers ?

Bike sould be complete in about 2 weeks I hope - Wait till ya see it - mods broke the 5K mark...

:thumbsup:

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 01, 2006 - 09:12 PM

My Light Speed carbon guards stay well clear of the front wheel. You cant see it that well but they are cut away where the rim and tire come close to them so they stick out no further than the fork towards the wheel. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Matty05

Posted February 02, 2006 - 03:04 AM

GYT-R now make a supermotard widened triple clamp set just for all you supermoto guys with fat front wheels!

It is brand new to market. It is 15mm wider than standard, comes with front axle and spacers, stem bearing and post. It is for the YZ, so it doesn't have mounting tabs in the middle of the top clamp that the WR has.

I can't find the part number, but I am sure you can ask at your yamaha dealers.

• FOZZ

Posted February 02, 2006 - 05:25 PM

Thanks Indy - How is the quality of Lightspeed - pitted ?
Is that a sticker that can be removed ?
I will do some searching on it but a direct replay would be cool :thumbsup:

Matty - I already got a BRP tripple & its AWSOME QUALITY - So the GYTR is not really an option but thanks..

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 02, 2006 - 06:06 PM

The finish on the Light Speed is first class and smooth with nice finished edges. The sticker is easily removed with a hair dryer or a few pressure washes. :thumbsup:

• Matty05

Posted February 02, 2006 - 06:23 PM

Hey fozz, how about some bike pics?
Im just a sucker for a supermotard! Sounds like you spent some coin on that baby!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FOZZ

Posted February 02, 2006 - 06:52 PM

I keep planning to put out some pics of the machine but then the weekend comes & I decide to wait till I get the next phase done then the next - Heres a list of the mods for now..

Marchesini Wheels
Water Jet Cut Wheel Spacers
Galfer Wave Rotors
Galfer SS Brake Lines
Brembo GP Front Brake Caliper
Brembo Front Brake MC
Pilot Powers
DID 520 VT Gold (Narrow Chain)
White Brothers Carbon Pro Full System
Sport Vue Vapor Speedo w/ HUD Helmet Mount
BRP Scotts Pro Tripple Clamp
BRP Frictionless Chain Guide
Acerbis Blitz Headlight
Acerbis YZ Rear Fender
Acerbis Supermoto Front Fender
Spyder Grips
Afam Sprockets
Trick Flasher
Bermbo Mini Front Brake Res.
05 R1 Tail Light w/ upgraded Custom LED intergrated board
05 R1 Under Tail Cut to Fit w/ YZ Fender
R1 Control Switch
R1 Horn
Greggs 600RR LED Signals X 4
Barnumspro Airbox Side Filter Kit
Twin Air Filter Cage
Twin Air Power Filter
GYTR AIS Kit

:thumbsup:

• bomax

Posted February 09, 2006 - 06:55 PM

i cut mine fozz.same thing.rubbed like hell.

• mikedabike

Posted February 09, 2006 - 10:48 PM

I run the Light Speed carbon fiber one on my YZ. They will also rub. They are not much more difficult than the platic ones to trim. They are much stronger than stock also.

• FOZZ

Posted February 11, 2006 - 01:37 AM

Sucks - Lightspeed fokes said the lower guards are on backorder for 2 months......

Tweeked the stockers around to get some more room but the wave rotor is still grinding into the left side guard... :thumbsup:

• FOZZ

Posted August 05, 2006 - 10:38 AM

The Lightspeed site doesnt have 06 Carbon lower fork guards on the site - Will the earlyer year WR / YZ carbon guards fit on my 06 ?

Thanks Fellas..

• FOZZ

Posted August 05, 2006 - 10:39 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.