Wiring the AP pump?

50 replies to this topic
  • aedwards07

Posted February 01, 2006 - 05:41 PM

My friend told me about this mod that they did to his carbs.He said it makes the throttle response aton better.I was wondering if anyone has any pics of their carb that they wired the AP pump on?Also what exactly do you wire together?I am sort of confused by this.

• aford541

Posted February 01, 2006 - 11:23 PM

I have a picture in my garage of the mod.

• Fastest1

Posted February 02, 2006 - 05:57 AM

? huh?

• Ga426owner

Posted February 02, 2006 - 06:01 AM

I am interested in this to - someone has posted a picture of this mod - I searched to no avail..... :thumbsup:

• aedwards07

Posted February 02, 2006 - 01:11 PM

There is a pic in his garage.I understand now.So all I have to do is wrap wire where you have it in the pic?Like I dont have to do anything else?Does it matter how tight the wire is?

• aford541

Posted February 05, 2006 - 09:09 PM

yeah make it super tight, if it falls off it could get stuck somewhere and something bad could happen, like the throttle sticking.
I am always really careful when I do wire pumps, I put the wire on and pinch it down with needle nose pliers to ensure a good fit.

• fastbyfrank

Posted February 05, 2006 - 09:11 PM

what is the benefit of this mod? :thumbsup:

• aford541

Posted February 05, 2006 - 10:53 PM

My friend told me about this mod that they did to his carbs.He said it makes the throttle response aton better.I was wondering if anyone has any pics of their carb that they wired the AP pump on?Also what exactly do you wire together?I am sort of confused by this.

what is the benefit of this mod? :thumbsup:

There you go

• MotoGoalie

Posted February 06, 2006 - 08:07 AM

Still have no idea what this thread is about. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• fastbyfrank

Posted February 06, 2006 - 08:48 AM

im sorry, how does it make the throttle response better?
does it disable the accelerator pump?
thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aedwards07

Posted February 06, 2006 - 04:26 PM

It forces the fuel in instead of relying on a spring to push the fuel in.Do you know by chance what guage wire you used to tie the pump with?I figure since its a big pain to get to the carbs on my new 250f and 450f I use at least have all the stuff to do it right with.

• kizzle426

Posted February 06, 2006 - 04:29 PM

I have a picture in my garage of the mod.

Is it the same for a 426? Is this the BK mod everyone talks about?

• cowboyona426

Posted February 06, 2006 - 08:22 PM

kizzle- no the BK mod is different, but is also supposed to improve throttle response. A search may bring up the post about the mod, if not PM me and I'll try and fill you in.

• JoeJoe03

Posted March 15, 2006 - 12:20 PM

Would this be beneficial on an '03 YZ450F even with a boyesen quickshot?? Do they act the same way or are they different??

What are your recommendations please??

• Ga426owner

Posted March 15, 2006 - 12:41 PM

here is the YOT wiring tip - from the CRF side
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=343587

• Nalgene

Posted March 15, 2006 - 05:23 PM

I did this mod this past weekend and noticed no more low end bog and dare say ( it didnt want to hot stall )

Real quick mod i think any gauge saftey wire will work.. I kinda bent the wire in a U shape and took the ends and kinda curled them up wards like > C <
to loop it around the AP and throttle thingy.. :thumbsup:

• Chills

Posted March 15, 2006 - 06:10 PM

Hey Guys, the fellas from our forums linked this, I just wanted you guys to know that in conjunction with RedBeard450, I made a 25 Page How-To Manual for this. It will be avail in the CRF450R forum, under the Rediculous Throttle Response Thread, We finalized it this morning, and I am awaiting my Webmaster to Reset my FTP Login so I can get this Article out. This will work with any Carb that has an AP.

• JoeJoe03

Posted March 15, 2006 - 06:15 PM

I wish someone had a picture of how this supposed to look after its done. I have an idea after reading, but still not sure how the finished product should look.........

Anyone??

Also, someone please answer my question where I was asking:

If I have a Boyesen Quickshot, is it still beneficial to do the AP mod or does this mod do the work of the quickshot thus not needing the quickshot?????

I have a '03 YZ450F Thanks!

• Baron Von Beard

Posted March 15, 2006 - 06:19 PM

Hey Guys, the fellas from our forums linked this, I just wanted you guys to know that in conjunction with RedBeard450, I made a 25 Page How-To Manual for this. It will be avail in the CRF450R forum, under the Rediculous Throttle Response Thread, We finalized it this morning, and I am awaiting my Webmaster to Reset my FTP Login so I can get this Article out. This will work with any Carb that has an AP.

It will work on any FCR carb. Check out the thread in the CRF450R forum. The article that will soon be posted will give you everything that you need to get your bike responsing great. :thumbsup:

• Baron Von Beard

Posted March 15, 2006 - 06:20 PM

I wish someone had a picture of how this supposed to look after its done. I have an idea after reading, but still not sure how the finished product should look.........

Anyone??

Also, someone please answer my question where I was asking:

If I have a Boyesen Quickshot, is it still beneficial to do the AP mod or does this mod do the work of the quickshot thus not needing the quickshot?????

I have a '03 YZ450F Thanks!

Chills has a QS on his bike and his bike responded very well to the mod. Check out the thread in the CRF450R forum and you will find all sorts of pictures, but I suggest waiting on doing the mod until Chills gets the link to the article he wrote up.
Here's the link. http://www.thumperta...7&page=54&pp=10

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.