X-Ring Chain clearance on a YZf

5 replies to this topic
  • BHiggins

Posted February 01, 2006 - 02:23 PM

Anyone know first hand if an x-ring chain will fit on a 2000 YZ426f ? I've been told it won't due to case clearance behind the front sprocket. The x-rings seem to add only a fraction of width to the chain, but I would like to know before I take it apart so if it doesn't, I can return the one I got and get a regular works chain. Thanks, Brian.

• yz_for_me

Posted February 01, 2006 - 02:48 PM

I ran an RK X-Ring on my 2001 with no clearance issues.

• sirthumpalot

Posted February 01, 2006 - 03:19 PM

it will fit fine. Been running an x-ring on my 01' since the stock chain fell apart (same as the 00' in the countershaft area I believe). I believe there is a concern for clearance on the CRF's, but the YZFs have plenty of room.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BHiggins

Posted February 01, 2006 - 05:35 PM

Thanks for the quick replies, it comes apart this weekend.

• Dolce_Grappa

Posted February 01, 2006 - 05:55 PM

RK XW-ring on both 426 and 450 no problem.

• snowboardstylee

Posted February 02, 2006 - 12:09 PM

According to the DID web site both the 520 x ring and O ring chain have the same plate thickness 2.0 mm and the same pin length 20.20 mm and roller diameter 10.22 mm I dont know why the factory chain comes non o, or x ring. but i know that mine lasted about a month before i had to replace it. Factory Chains suck.......

I dont think you should have any clearance issues.

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.