Stuck bolt on scoop

2 replies to this topic
  • nevadaoutlaw

Posted February 01, 2006 - 12:25 PM

The bolt, I think it is an 8mm, that bolts the middle part of the radiator scoop to the gas tank won't budge. I muscled it to the point that what ever it is bolted to on the gas tank is now rotating. I tried to liquid wrench but it is almost impossible to get it to that part of the bolt but I soaked it the best I could. It is as an 05 WR450F. Any suggestions?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted February 01, 2006 - 05:01 PM

You maybe able to zap it with a 3/8 impact wrench.

• clark4131

Posted February 01, 2006 - 05:16 PM

Sounds like you stripped out the little nut that's recessed into the tank...not the actual threads, but the plastic that holds the nut itself. You need to pry it out without doing a lot of damage and then epoxy it back in without boogering up the threads with goo...SC

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.