I need help on oil change info!!..

1 reply to this topic
  • WR400Fdunk

Posted January 31, 2006 - 09:49 PM

I didnt want to post this becaues the info is probabaly on here somewhere.. but i cant find anything... i have a 1998 WR400 and i need to know how many *ounces* of oil i will need to put into it for a full oil change.. any info will help.. thanks Wayne..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • steve lemley

Posted February 01, 2006 - 07:46 AM

1.7 quarts (or 1.7 bottles of yamalube, 10w 50w) total with the filter changed and both drain plugs pulled. One mounted under the skid plate twords the back and the other right behind the bottom tip of the front fender (This one draines the oil holding tank). 1.7 quarts is your answer but dont forget about the front plug and watch out when you pull it. Its going to run all over everything and the oil rerouting plastic kit is absolutly no help save your money and do it the traditional way.... Heat the motor up for 5 minutes or so before you do the change, it will help!!! Good luck...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.