Will a WR450 make a good XC bike?

2 replies to this topic
  • TWILES

Posted January 31, 2006 - 02:01 PM

I'm new to bikes. I bought mine with no intention to race. I guess I'm going to. I'd like to hear from someone who races a WR on this. What are a few good things to do to the bike as far as set-up. I don't mean the " free mods ". I don't think the "western" guys are going to be much help. I live and will be racing in and around Kentucky. Mid South and GNCC guys would be the most help. I'll have questions about what you write. Give me something to ask about. Thanks Travis Wiles

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WGP

Posted January 31, 2006 - 02:28 PM

Dial in your suspension for your race conditions

Steering Stabilzer with Fat Bars and handguards

Rear Brake Disk Protection

Heavy Duty Tubes F&R

Maybe a 3.2 gal tank?

Race Ready!

• TWILES

Posted January 31, 2006 - 06:05 PM

[quote name='WGP']Dial in your suspension for your race conditionsQUOTE]
That will take a while. I can set up the nicest atv shocks in 10 minutes. Are the bike forks similar with the adjustments: comp, rebound....?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.