Help!!!!!

4 replies to this topic
  • boyonblue52

Posted January 31, 2006 - 10:14 AM

Ok so last time i talked about this my 2003 yz450f had been leaking water out of the weep hole off the pump....now today when i fired it, it didnt leak a bit when the first time it was like drip........drip.........drip.......drip. :bonk: So i ws wondering what might have caused the sael to leak....i thouht since it was sitting out in my barn which is not heated is the cause b/c my theory is that the sael shrank and that let the watter get by and leak out the weep hole. So just wondering what u all thoght :thumbsup:

• Ga426owner

Posted January 31, 2006 - 11:54 AM

Get yourself a new impeller bearing and shaft - the shaft will be worn and the bearing is worn...
this is normal to see intermittent leaking...believe me it is going to get worse!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • boyonblue52

Posted February 01, 2006 - 10:26 AM

The bike has only 20 hours on it. So i think that couldnt be shot.
Its never been raced or anything just ridden real easy. Plus how would it get worse???

• msoracing

Posted April 15, 2007 - 06:01 PM

I just noticed the same Coolant Leak from Watter Pump weap hole on my 04 YZ450F.

Could someone explain what I need todo to fix this?

Thank you

• Bikermice

Posted April 15, 2007 - 07:23 PM

The bike has only 20 hours on it. So i think that couldnt be shot.
Its never been raced or anything just ridden real easy. Plus how would it get worse???

Unless they've been replace already the w/p seals are five years old. And what makes it worse is that it just sat for a long time. There marginal right now, that's why they only leaked when it was really cold but not wormer. You need to replace the seals. It's easy as long as you have a manuel. With only 20 hrs. the shaft should be fine. May not need bearings either. See if they feel rough while turning, roughness= replace. Be sure and polish the impeller shaft where the seals contact it with a scotch brite pad before reassembly.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.