James! Need jetting Help!

2 replies to this topic
  • Greg_in_Atlanta

Posted September 14, 2001 - 12:40 PM

Hey James,
I just tried your recommended WR 400 jetting and my bike has a sumble at partial throttle (about 1/4 to 1/2). Here is what I tried:
165 Main
48 pilot
EKN needle in 4th position
1 turn then 1.5 turns out on the air screw.
My bike is a '00 model; stock exhaust with Vor tip; YZ timing, grey wire mod.

My jetting before was 170 main, 45 pilot, 1.75 turns out on air screw.
I did the WZ timing and grey wire mod, and experienced the similar hesitation (about 1/4 throttle).
I did not have the hesitation before the YZ timing and grey wire mod.

I ride at 1,000 to 3000 feet elevation.

Think I should try going back to the 45 pilot or dropping the needle?
Sorry about posting a reply about this in your other "conversation".

Your help will be appreciated.
Greg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Terry_in_Reno

Posted September 14, 2001 - 12:56 PM

Greg,

Have you considered the BK mod? I found that after changing my jetting I still have a hesitation just off the bottom. By adjusting the timing of the squirt and the duration, I was able to eliminate the hesitation. For my 4500 ft location the #48 was a little rich all the way down to 1/4 turn out on the fuel screw.
Terry

• James_Dean

Posted September 14, 2001 - 01:12 PM

1.5 turns out is too much with a #48 pilot jet. Did you get the #100 pilot air jet? Expect 3/4-1 1/4 turns out on the pilot screw with the #100/#48.

With a stock pilot air #75 use the #45 pilot jet and 1.75 turns. Dropping the needle by using the #3 clip is also a good idea for a next step.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.