Value of my 2000 WR 400?

5 replies to this topic
  • EricZ

Posted January 30, 2006 - 09:37 PM

I'm thinking about selling my 2000 WR 400. Any ideas on a price? I looked at KBB and N.A.D.A. but I don't know how reliable they are. Which do the dealers usually use? Anyone interested in it?

Extras: FMF Powercore IV / Stock pipe with Yamaha GYT-R insert
Bark Busters / Seal Savers / Generic brand Pro-Taper style bars / Brake snake

Mods:YZ timing / Gray wire / BK mod / YZ throttle stop

Condition:
Plastic - good with normal scuffs and wear - Graffics intact
Frame & swingarm - good with normal wear and chips
Fork seals & oil - good
Shock oil and seal head - new
Chain and sprockets - junk
Brake pads - new
Suspension linkage - good with some slop in the shock bushing
Front tire good - rear tire fair Wheel bearings good
Normal wear in the various levers and pedals (None are bent)
Piston and rings - still seems good but could probably be freshened up
Normal wear and tear - scuffs on plastic & corrosion on bare aluminum
New oil change and filters

• steve lemley

Posted January 30, 2006 - 09:55 PM

In california it would probley go for 2000 maybe even 3000 if it was plated and registered. Just a guess. I payed 3000 for my 99 last year street legal. Hope that helps if you were local Id buy it sorry...

• tom00013

Posted January 31, 2006 - 03:05 AM

I just bought an '02-paid $2700. Bike was like new, looked like he only rode it on gravel roads. Original tires-front like new, rear slightly worn. Not even uncorked yet. While shopping I found a '99 that was used but not abused and had him down to $1900 before I found the '02 and bought that. I looked at several others but they had been ridden hard and never maintained so I walked away from them, I live in the midwest. It all comes down to what you can get in your area. If you ebay it, check to see what they have sold for recently. I sold a 98 wr400 a few years ago to a guy from SF CA and shipped it to him. I think I got $3k for it but I included shipping. If you offer shipping and get it plated there seems to be a market for 98-01 in CA because of the DMV regs.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JDrooster

Posted January 31, 2006 - 04:47 AM

Interested in selling the GYT-R insert seperately?

• EricZ

Posted January 31, 2006 - 08:56 AM

Thanks for the responses. No thanks Rooster. I'm not even really sure that I want to sell the bike itself yet. I was thinking about doing some occasional SM stuff and I thought a 450 WR or YZ might be a better choice. I have to decide whether or not an extra 50 cc's, lighter weight and a better seating position is worth the likely $3k plus I will have to spend for a newer bike...

Of course, any opinions from those of you who have traded up is appreciated...

I've only ridden a WR 450 once and aside from the better seating position I really didn't think it was that much of an improvement to justify the cost. Besides I would rather have a kicker WR450 than electric start due to the extra 20 or so pounds. Can it be converted?

• SJMC_DON

Posted January 31, 2006 - 10:37 AM

I sold my 99' here in WA state last month for $2,350. It was well ridden and well maintained with lots of bolt on goodies.

I thought my 400 always had better low end than my 450 :thumbsup:

There is a starter removel kit, I think. Someone here should be able to tell you.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.