pw 50 low end

5 replies to this topic
  • outwest

Posted January 30, 2006 - 07:43 PM

just got my son a 94 pw 50 bike runs great at high end but of the get go it needs a push dogin it right off the bat. any body got ant tips electrical or carb? :thumbsup:

• wr450fyamaha

Posted January 30, 2006 - 07:51 PM

bore it to like 65....maybe some carb mods.....but boring is your best bet for low end....

• wr450fyamaha

Posted January 30, 2006 - 08:01 PM

Or just put a 650 in it.....that should add a little low end but not tooooo much.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brichter

Posted January 30, 2006 - 08:07 PM

just got my son a 94 pw 50 bike runs great at high end but of the get go it needs a push dogin it right off the bat. any body got ant tips electrical or carb? :thumbsup:

Pop the 2 nuts off the exhaust where it bolts to the head and pull out the restrictor.

• oldturtle

Posted January 31, 2006 - 08:08 AM

Many PW50 owners would add cylinder base gaskets to reduce compression and let motor rev higher. Another common mod was to pull guts out of silencer and remove rev limiter. So for a 94 that may have seen many owners you may have a modded motor that hurts the stock bottom end. You might think about checking that cylinder and gaskets are stock and in good shape.

• ghoti

Posted January 31, 2006 - 08:19 AM

I don't know anything about PW's but it sounds like a pilot circuit problem. Did the bike sat for a while before you bought it?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.