Backfire

7 replies to this topic
  • Derik Tate

Posted January 30, 2006 - 03:34 PM

Just installed my new exhaust, frame guards, skid plate, bark busters, new 168 main and #48 pilot, zip Ty fuel screw. Shit now I'm broke! Anyway i have read about the backfire :thumbsup: do to the smog pump and have ordered the kit from TT. I sure hope that this stops that annoying popping. I put a Jardine exhaust slip on. Holy crap thats loud. I should have bought the Q2 instead. :thumbsup: :bonk: Anyone looking for a new pipe? Got one here.

• Psychoone

Posted January 30, 2006 - 09:24 PM

I just bought the Jardine full race exhaust system and I am also getting the horrendous backfire. I can completely close my fuel screw and the bike still runs. Currently, the fuel does not do much. :thumbsup: I am also running with a 48 pilot and a l68 main. What year WR do you have? Isn't the AIS kit on 2004 WR's and later?

Psychoone

• g-unit15

Posted January 30, 2006 - 09:36 PM

first check for any exhaust leaks not only at the header but all the way back after that checks out pull your plug white is laen black is rich tan is just right. i no leak i bet it is lean.

• Matty05

Posted January 30, 2006 - 09:55 PM

I just bought the Jardine full race exhaust system and I am also getting the horrendous backfire. I can completely close my fuel screw and the bike still runs. Currently, the fuel does not do much. :thumbsup: I am also running with a 48 pilot and a l68 main. What year WR do you have? Isn't the AIS kit on 2004 WR's and later?

Psychoone

That is classic exhaust leak. I would loosen everything up a bit, hold the header on square on the gasket, tighten up the header nut and bolt EVENLY, a little turn each till it is tight.

Tighten up the rest of the exhaust system and make sure the header outlet is square to the midpipe inlet.

You will be amazed of what the tiniest leak will do, to your jetting and not to mention the flames it would spit!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Derik Tate

Posted January 31, 2006 - 04:45 AM

Same thing here. I was told that the AIS removed should help eliminate the prob. I have checked for leaks and i find nothing.

• phatcat99

Posted January 31, 2006 - 09:22 AM

06 WR450F.....FMF Factory 4 slip-on, stock header...same problem here, backfiring. No loss of power though. Waiting on AIS kit to see if that solves the problem.

• Derik Tate

Posted January 31, 2006 - 04:56 PM

my fuel screw has to be turned way in for it to run great with this smog thing. I hope that when i remove it i will have to open the screw back to normal settings. 06 450 mine is on back order until next week. I hope that it gets here b4 Feb 17 for my Whiterock ride.

• MXJunky

Posted January 31, 2006 - 06:29 PM

MXJunky installed the TT AIS removal kit on his '05 WR450, no more annoying backfiring. The bike runs so much better without that smog shit. (MXJunky also has the Q2 silencer and JD jet kit, with airbox holes cut.)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.