Are we suckers??

18 replies to this topic
  • baymen12

Posted January 30, 2006 - 01:37 PM

200 extra will get u the YZ limited. For this you will get yellow plastic. Extra cost to Yamaha $0. Buy an anniversary R1/6 for $500 more and get: yellow paint, slipper clutch, ohlins custom suspension, key fob, card holder and mug + upgraded wheels. Are we being had? I bought one but I wish it was really something a little more special!

• gholt651

Posted January 30, 2006 - 01:43 PM

:bonk: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :eek: :p :worthy: :cool: :prof:
We've been had!!!!!

I want justice!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

• debounce

Posted January 30, 2006 - 02:03 PM

200 extra will get u the YZ limited. For this you will get yellow plastic. Extra cost to Yamaha $0. Buy an anniversary R1/6 for $500 more and get: yellow paint, slipper clutch, ohlins custom suspension, key fob, card holder and mug + upgraded wheels. Are we being had? I bought one but I wish it was really something a little more special!

The R1 LE is $7,000 more and there is no R6 LE. People will pay $200 for oldschool colors, and Yamaha is a company that actually needs to turn a profit. they made a complete new bike for 06...

• danstorm801

Posted January 30, 2006 - 02:26 PM

The yellow plastic does cost Yamaha more (though maybe not $200 more) since they are buying it in much less quantity than they are/will the blue. Fenders, Shrouds, Seat Cover and Graphics will cost you close to $200 anywhere else you go.

• gholt651

Posted January 30, 2006 - 02:34 PM

I did'nt mind paying a little extra for the yellow. Although I did not pay $200 extra.I was kinda hoping for a little something to show I had one.Like a certificate or something like that! No biggie though,It's still a blast to ride and really looks good!! :bonk: :thumbsup:

• Reyndogg

Posted January 30, 2006 - 02:41 PM

The R1 LE is $7,000 more and there is no R6 LE. People will pay $200 for oldschool colors, and Yamaha is a company that actually needs to turn a profit. they made a complete new bike for 06...

what he said :thumbsup:

• cranky

Posted January 30, 2006 - 02:45 PM

If you converted a blue bike to yellow (been there) it costs a whole lot more for tank,graphics and yellow plastics.

• baymen12

Posted January 30, 2006 - 02:50 PM

My bad! Friend has the R1 and i thought he said $500 more. Must have been $5000! Thats a whole different ballgame!

• Reyndogg

Posted January 30, 2006 - 02:54 PM

There are two R1's with the yellow and black paint scheme, one is quite different than the other:

Regular w/yellow paint - http://www.yamaha-mo.../9/0/image.aspx

LE -
http://www.yamaha-mo.../1/0/image.aspx

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yak

Posted January 30, 2006 - 03:13 PM

If you converted a blue bike to yellow (been there) it costs a whole lot more for tank,graphics and yellow plastics.

The tank is black ...no need to replace.

• RCannon

Posted January 30, 2006 - 04:06 PM

Yea, were suckers for buying cycles in the first place. We shoudl invest our money. Maybe buy savings bonds or something......

So, as an admitted sucker, whats an extra 200.00???? I love the yellow color and dont mind paying more.

• grayracer513

Posted January 30, 2006 - 04:32 PM

The R1 LE is $7,000 more and there is no R6 LE.

I don't know if they're LE's or not, but there are definetly yellow R6's in San Diego County. The R1 is an incredible ride. The LE should probably be illegal. I wish I had the money to run down and be a "sucker".

• shigbie

Posted January 30, 2006 - 04:49 PM

Are you serious! You knew exactly what the difference was when you bought it!

I have one and I paid the $200 more and I would do it again in a heart beat.

You can be sure ACERBIS, UFO and all the other graphics, plastic and seat people will sell out their inventory as soon as it hits the web.

Get over the buyers remorse and ride the $hit out of the awesome bike!

• debounce

Posted January 30, 2006 - 05:03 PM

I don't know if they're LE's or not, but there are definetly yellow R6's in San Diego County. The R1 is an incredible ride. The LE should probably be illegal. I wish I had the money to run down and be a "sucker".

He was talking about the LE with the ohlins suspension and steering damper, marchenisi (sp?) wheels, and some other things. I would definately buy one of those beasts if I had $18,000 lying around.

• yamahaboy99

Posted January 30, 2006 - 05:05 PM

After having a SE on order for 8 months I was almost ready to just get the blue one. But I stuck it out 3 extra weeks and picked up the yellow one. And boy was it worth every single day of waiting. And I really dont think were suckers. The R1 comes with some pretty trick aftermarket stuff.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted January 30, 2006 - 08:27 PM

I am a sucker. I love it. Hell you can barely convert a blue one a yellow one for $200.00, and it wont have a SE v.i.n. :thumbsup: Every where I have gone with it so far, people have come over to see it and ask questions. Man it draws alot of attention. Which kinda sucks when you are as shitty a rider as I am. :eek: :bonk: Anyway, like someone else said, we are all suckers, spending our hard earned fun tokens on bikes, no matter what color. I would have paid $500.00 more for mine. :thumbsup:

• DH247

Posted January 30, 2006 - 09:32 PM

AHHH Don't encourage the boys at Yammy!!! I know those guys read these forums!! Oh well at least I won't have to pay for it... My SE, albeit it's not delivered yet (frickin Canada gets the shaft... AGAIN. All you yankees get the first rounds cuz you're the larger market, no to to mention the major shipping ports. We get the lefteovers....) but should be here shortly! So on that note I will GLADLY be a sucker again (and I haven't even ridden the bike!!) and again!!

PS - Sorry about the rant... We've had horibble snow here in Onterrible so I can't even get my winter fixes of snowboarding to the fulllest extent :thumbsup:

• WR450F_RDR

Posted January 30, 2006 - 10:00 PM

I did'nt mind paying a little extra for the yellow. Although I did not pay $200 extra.I was kinda hoping for a little something to show I had one.Like a certificate or something like that! No biggie though,It's still a blast to ride and really looks good!! :bonk: :thumbsup:

Dont forget about this: http://webpages.char...YZ450F_SE_3.jpg

• grayracer513

Posted January 31, 2006 - 03:38 PM

He was talking about the LE with the ohlins suspension and .... I would definately buy one of those beasts if I had $18,000 lying around.

Yeah, I know the difference. The janitor had to mop the floor after I drooled all over it. Like I said, me too.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.