'06 YZ450F - Handlebar Risers & Skid Plates

1 reply to this topic
  • Idaho_Stas

Posted January 30, 2006 - 12:09 PM

Looking to raise the handlebars on a new '06 YZ450F between 3/4" and 1" to match the height of my '03 YZ250. I'd rather not change out the top triple clamp... or buy a set of taller bars. I can find lots of conversion kits with about 3/4" risers going from 7/8 to 1 1/8" (which is what I had on my YZ250 with Renthal Twinwalls), but can't find a 'universal' riser that goes from 1 1/8" to 1 1/8" that will work with the now 'stock' ProTaper bars Yamaha is using that will give me the 3/4" - 1" lift I'm looking for. :thumbsup: Any help would be greatly appreaciated by this thumper newbie.

Also... would like to get a skid plate (the type with 'wings' that extend beyond the frame... beyond what a normal glide plate would protect). The only company I've found that is actually manufacturing/shipping, is Utah Sport Cycle (whose plates look quite large and bulky... and who I'm told makes plates for Moose). Looks like the Works Connection plate that will be out in the next week or so is only a glide plate. Is anyone aware of other manufacturers that are manufacturing/shipping the wider skid plates?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dirtskills

Posted January 30, 2006 - 08:44 PM

Call Scotts performance, Montrose California 818-248-bike,
just picked up new fat bar risers,stock height, but they have taller ones and renthal fat bar Carmichael high,
for a 06 wr450,

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.