Radiator Guard or Brace?

15 replies to this topic
  • albertlui

Posted January 30, 2006 - 11:11 AM

Which one is better for protection? Radiator Guard is rectangular shape install in front of the radiator, radiator brace is triangular shape install behind the radiator. Anybody installed one of them but still damage the radiator?

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 30, 2006 - 12:35 PM

Unabiker is the best design for strength and protection! You can buy them from out TT store. :thumbsup:

Posted Image
Posted Image

• dbailey223

Posted January 30, 2006 - 12:57 PM

On the first picture, did you leave the plastic off for the picture or will it no longer fit?

• gmoss357

Posted January 30, 2006 - 01:03 PM

everything fits back, you just have to bolt the shroud to the brace at the lower mounting point.

• JDrooster

Posted January 30, 2006 - 01:18 PM

radiator guard and brace in one?..very nice. I'll be getting some of those for my bike here soon!

• 1BLUEsky

Posted January 31, 2006 - 05:41 PM

I Think Unibiker Has The Best . I Am Using Works Braces With No Problems Mainly Due To Economy However I Also Ride In Pretty Muddy And Clay Filled Conditions And The Front Guards Can Get Clogged And Lead To Overheating.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted January 31, 2006 - 08:03 PM

Unabikers. So sweet. Plus you can get them in colors. Cool factor is as high as the protection factor. :thumbsup:

• gmoss357

Posted February 01, 2006 - 04:56 AM

I can tell ya that they work. I ran up on a tree during a race. It hit just inside the shroud, ripping it off to the radiator and tearing the graphics off that whole side. The rad never moved.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 01, 2006 - 06:05 AM

Until you buy a pair of Unabiker's and bolt them on you wont believe how much protection they provide and yet weigh very little. Awesome design! :thumbsup:

• SkyRaider

Posted February 01, 2006 - 09:04 AM

They are great. Just read the directions, and they fit perfectly.

• drtbk4ever

Posted February 01, 2006 - 12:08 PM

Anybody ever use the DeVol Engineering Rad guards or heard good or bad things about them?

• Trauma

Posted February 02, 2006 - 02:09 AM

I am a fan of the flatlandracing ones myself

• kirkw

Posted February 02, 2006 - 04:50 PM

I have Devols, have tested them a bit and like them. The Unibikers ae very nice and look like they would probably be a bit more strudy.

• drtbk4ever

Posted February 03, 2006 - 10:25 AM

Hi Kirkw,

Thanks for the info. I can get my hands on the Devol rad guards for $10, so if they are even somewhat decent, I can't go wrong with the price.

• kirkw

Posted February 03, 2006 - 11:01 AM

Bill, For $10 you can not go wrong! They certainly do offer a good deal of protection. Might not be as sexy, but I woudl rather save the $$ anyday :thumbsup:

• 2wheelbandit

Posted February 17, 2006 - 04:01 AM

Darn, I wish I had heard about the unabikers a couple hours ago. I just ordered a set of Devols. I had the Zip Ty braces on last weekend, when I did a low speed drop on a rock and bent up my radiator pretty bad.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.