Header pipe twisted up

1 reply to this topic
  • Matt_the_Fat

Posted September 14, 2001 - 07:32 AM

Hello again.
I read the posts about removing dents from stock header pipes. Has anyone used this method to untwist headers like mine? I skidded down a sandy rainwash (upright) and tucked the header up into the side of my motor. I wish that it didn't get so hot. Maybe it wouldn't bend so easy. Anyone using guards or aftermarket headers that route closer or higher away f/ the frame? I noticed that the new H**** 450 has tight routing of the header that keeps it more out of harms way. TIA
Fat Matt

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted September 14, 2001 - 08:08 AM

Matt,
Sounds like you would be better off looking for a new header than trying to un-twist it.

Post a wanted ad for a 98 or 99 stock header. You could probably get one of those babies pretty cheap considering most people replaced them with a aftermarket header that dosent interfere w/ oil changes.

------------------
Darin in Missouri - My Hurricane 1999 WR400F
Enduro Heaven - Ozark Mountain TrailRiders

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.