Need More Low End

12 replies to this topic
  • yfz285

Posted January 29, 2006 - 03:02 PM

i have an 05 450 would like more hit on the bottom have a pro curcuit t4 pipe otherwise bike is pretty stock in the motor dept. any help would be app.

• Matty05

Posted January 29, 2006 - 03:16 PM

You should have got a whole Procircuit Ti GP lowboy system!!!
I got one and it makes a crap load of bottom, my mate got one on his '05 YZ450 and it is way more potent. The throttle response is awesome, it really takes off when you touch the throttle.

Seeing as you got the slip-on muffler, I would suggest getting a longer header such as a FMF power / mega bomb in the SX style mot MX style. I think the T4 comes with a 1.75" endcap (mine did), you could try the 1.5" endcap for it as well.

• Satch0922

Posted January 29, 2006 - 03:42 PM

if you want hit how about the 03-04 ignition and the PC pipe??!?!?! :thumbsup::D

• Matt96xr6

Posted January 29, 2006 - 06:36 PM

I assume from that post that your bike is 100% stock except the pipe.

Fine, jet the bike and that will get your power that you are missing.

• falshh

Posted January 29, 2006 - 06:56 PM

I agree get the jetting right, it is really easy if you buy a JD jetting kit from TT and follow the directions, its really easy and its like $65.

second I have a o4 and the bottom end is unbelievable, try getting the control unit from a o4, I think it will work with the o5 but double check, it changes the ignition mapping improving low end and you will get the "hit" guys talk about on the yz's.

third I have the pro circuit t4 and I fitted a F.M.F megabomb header with it and throttle response and bottom end was night and day difference, I reccomend it, in fact I would do this first. the header is like $330

• Fastest1

Posted January 29, 2006 - 07:15 PM

The Power Now helps bottom end also.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flintlock28

Posted January 29, 2006 - 07:19 PM

I know I'm probably beating a dead horse,....but make sure your fuel screw is adjusted correctly for the temperature/humidity. From idle till about 1/3 throttle or so, it can make a big difference in throttle response/low end. I can tell immediately if the screw needs to be adjusted from the way the bike pulls from idle.

• aford541

Posted January 31, 2006 - 09:57 PM

If you want bottom end

1. Install both power nows
2. disconnect the tps sensor
3. use the longest possible header
4. use ELF LMS fuel

And you will have more than you know what to do with.

• Raven1911

Posted February 01, 2006 - 05:17 AM

Good issues being brought up so far that should be addressed. However, if you address those issues stated above and still don't have the low end you want, why not try gearing? Add a tooth or two to the rear sprocket and you will have more low end. :thumbsup:

• sirthumpalot

Posted February 01, 2006 - 06:45 AM

I'm surprised no one mentioned a cam. All of the above are great tips, and in addition swapping to a cam (or better yet a pair of cams) targeted towards low-end power should make quite a difference.

• KillerHiller

Posted February 01, 2006 - 07:15 AM

A Power Now will add alot to the bottom for about $100. It's actually has a new name, but I'm not sure what it is.

Have you experimented with gearing or flywheels?

KH

• jjjyz450f

Posted February 01, 2006 - 07:41 PM

i have an 05 450 would like more hit on the bottom have a pro curcuit t4 pipe otherwise bike is pretty stock in the motor dept. any help would be app.

I have a 2003 CDI unit, don't know if it will work on the 2005. I want to sell it for $85.00 on ebay. The cost new is $248.00 from Y.O.T I did not put on ebay yet.

• kawirider

Posted February 01, 2006 - 08:10 PM

I have a 2003 CDI unit, don't know if it will work on the 2005. I want to sell it for $85.00 on ebay. The cost new is $248.00 from Y.O.T I did not put on ebay yet.

Yeah if you want a REALLY gnarly low to midrange hit, put the '03 CDI on it. It can be a bit much at times, but if you are into wheelies in the sand with a knobby tire, its for you!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.