Comp Flow reusable filter wich way?

6 replies to this topic
  • danpeltz

Posted January 29, 2006 - 12:31 PM

I have an 03 wr450 and have the comp flow reusable filter. Wich way does it go in? O ring in towards engine or oring toward cover?

• WheelsUp

Posted January 29, 2006 - 01:12 PM

Oil filter?
This is the second time in a week that this has come up.

The "blade" on the cover fits into the opening in the filter and the gasket goes against the cover.

If you are able to put the filter in backwards, make sure you have the right filter.

• danpeltz

Posted January 29, 2006 - 02:59 PM

I started this topic before. I said it was a scott filter but it is the comp flow. There is now blade on the cover that fits in the filter.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WheelsUp

Posted January 29, 2006 - 07:46 PM

Like we said in the other thread.... check and make sure that your cover has not been modified or changed for an aftermarket.
I went through all years on the 400 series thumpers and the covers are the same, and they all have a "blade" or "nipple" in them to keep the filter centered.

If your cover does not look like this, get a replacement.
Posted Image

• danpeltz

Posted January 30, 2006 - 01:27 PM

The filter comes with an aftermarket cover. It does not have the long nipple in it like that one does.

• danpeltz

Posted January 30, 2006 - 01:31 PM

Any idea where i can get the number to call the filter company direct?

• WheelsUp

Posted January 30, 2006 - 06:31 PM

The filter comes with an aftermarket cover. It does not have the long nipple in it like that one does.

In that case, I would not use the aftermarket cover.
The purpose of that nipple is to ensure that the filter is properly located over the passageways that deliver oil through the filter and to the engine.

The inside of the filter is the "clean" side. Oil pumps into the area surrounding the filter. If the filter is not properly aligned, then one of two things will happen.... you will pass unfiltered oil into the engine, or, you will pass NO oil into the engine.

Aftermarket does not always mean "better".

Any idea where i can get the number to call the filter company direct?

What do you expect them to tell you?
The "hole" in the filter goes toward the cover. Always has and always will on Yammi thumpers.
At least 5 people have told you the same thing.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.