OEM Stock pipe?

12 replies to this topic
  • sd1

Posted January 29, 2006 - 12:25 PM

Anyone know where I might be able to pick up a decent priced OEM stock pipe for my 93 XR600 please? Appreciate any info..thank you

Also what year stock pipes will fit my bike please? is it 88-99? or?

• sd1

Posted January 30, 2006 - 02:44 AM

So know one here knows the answer to this? .. I feel like ferris bueller every time I ask a question in here ..sheeesh

• Wheels up

Posted January 30, 2006 - 04:26 AM

650 L should fit with some tinkering.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted January 30, 2006 - 09:13 AM

But the L exhaust will be more restrictive (and quieter) than the XR600R stock exhaust.
Might be close in flow, though, with the final restrictor removed.

• sd1

Posted January 30, 2006 - 10:34 AM

Appreciate the feedback ....thank you.....now I am hoping someone might know where I could pick one of these pipes up at for a decent price? I tried ebay and wrecking yards....so I guess its a new one if I know where to look....help! :thumbsup:

• exaresix

Posted January 31, 2006 - 04:46 AM

Yep, these are hard to find used. I haven't seen one on eBay in a long time. You're probably going to have to pay about $400 for a new one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sd1

Posted January 31, 2006 - 09:29 AM

yup...thats what I am thinking also...unless I can find one in a wrecking yard somewhere..in decent shape

• kelleyseiler

Posted January 31, 2006 - 11:40 AM

There is a guy named XRLmotard in the classified ads on thumpertalk who has a exhaust system for your bike for $200.00 It is a White Bros. Stainless header and a Yosimura Can.

• sd1

Posted January 31, 2006 - 01:36 PM

Just sent him a PM ...really appreciate the heads up on this...Thank You!!

• CrackiN

Posted February 02, 2006 - 04:45 AM

The 88 and 89 XR headers were two seperate pipes that entered the muffler seperately so that won't work....I have a stock header pipe in great shape off of an 86 XL600R that should work...I has a heat shield on it....It needs to be recoated. ....Let me know if you are interested....

• sd1

Posted February 02, 2006 - 10:20 AM

Thanks for the reply Crackin, you wouldn't happen to have a pic or two handy? that might help me tell if it would fit or not...but I am defintely interested..thanks

• CrackiN

Posted February 02, 2006 - 01:39 PM

I'll need an e-mail address to send the pics.....

• sd1

Posted February 02, 2006 - 03:19 PM

sent ya a pm with my addy...and thanks again

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.