RATE YOUR PIPE. Whats the best pipe out right now.

28 replies to this topic
  • steve lemley

Posted January 29, 2006 - 08:14 AM

Im going to buy a pipe and was hoping anyone could give me some insight into what to buy. Maybe the pipe you put on and a power change chart from 1 to 10 on your power when you changed to the pipe you are running.

Oviously if I am going to spend that much money, I want the most power gain as possible. One problem though. My bike is plated and I dont want to have to wear ear plugs when I ride so something not to loud but it doesent have to be a street legal pipe (Primary focus is power). Anyone got a used one for sale cheap for a 99 wr. PM me!!! Thanks again for the help guys... :thumbsup:

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted January 29, 2006 - 09:05 AM

A Quiet One

• Matty05

Posted January 29, 2006 - 07:42 PM

The best possible "power" pipes are loud, really loud.
My procircuit Ti GP lowboy system is an 11 on the power scale, noise scale too.

I would suggest you look at the F.I.M. legal pipes, often called "euro version", they are 98db, more performance than the "quiet pipes" and way quieter than the "power" pipes.

For the '99 model, your search might be a bit limited, you can get FMF Q2 and the WB E2 for it though. A Dr D pipe might suit you, they are not as loud as the procircuit, but offer great performance and full systems are $400.

With the loud pipes, the sound is behind you so you would annoy other people more rather than yourself.

ANY system you get, you can tune the sound output with endcaps / restricted spark arrestors.

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 29, 2006 - 07:48 PM

Best compromise pipe seems to be FMF Powercore 4 with modular sparky, opening and quiet core inserts. I run mine around 96db with the quiet core insert and still performs great! :thumbsup:

• clark4131

Posted January 29, 2006 - 08:07 PM

Just a little FYI, the PowerCore 4 has been discontinued and replaced by the new Ti Powercore. There are probably some PC4 still around, but for the same money you could have titanium, ooooooh!...SC

• steve lemley

Posted January 29, 2006 - 09:10 PM

My best friend baught his 99 a couple of weeks ago and the power core 4 is the pipe on his bike maybe ill swap pipes and see the difference it makes. If I m happy ill buy the updated one. How much jetting needs to be done or can I just pop it on and test the power difference? Thanks again.

• nimiz1

Posted January 30, 2006 - 12:06 AM

the bes is the yz pipe

• djv5

Posted January 30, 2006 - 05:00 AM

I had an FMF powercore and it got so loud that I replaced it with a Yoshimura Comp Rs-3 full system. The FMF did not impress me with power, just a lot of noise. The Yosh system comes with a Tec Kit for three different noise levels. I added a James Dean jet kit when I installed the Yosh, and that made all the difference. Power is awesome now.

• Matty05

Posted January 30, 2006 - 05:36 AM

I had an FMF powercore and it got so loud that I replaced it with a Yoshimura Comp Rs-3 full system. The FMF did not impress me with power, just a lot of noise. The Yosh system comes with a Tec Kit for three different noise levels. I added a James Dean jet kit when I installed the Yosh, and that made all the difference. Power is awesome now.

Why didn't you repack it? Why did you waste your money on a second pipe?
Why didn't you rejet with the FMF?
You must have too much dollars, not enough sense! :thumbsup:

• steve lemley

Posted January 30, 2006 - 07:34 AM

djvs, Do you want to sell the power core. What year is your bike. Anyone have a used pipe that will work good for power that want to sell me???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • steve lemley

Posted January 30, 2006 - 09:08 AM

Hey questions guys will a Pro Circuit stainless T-4 full system for a 01 426 work on my 99 wr??? Is this a good pipe? Thanks.

• suzuki pusher

Posted January 30, 2006 - 12:25 PM

yoshimura TRC comp series, opinions?

• rtrolli69

Posted February 02, 2006 - 08:43 PM

Ive got a 05' Wr450 and still a big fan of the DR D..im running the SA model which is the race model with spark arrestor.they also have a quiet insert for about 30$$$..

• new04450

Posted February 03, 2006 - 04:36 PM

here we go- I just put a GYT-R pipe on mine and re-jetted, and so far I have been real happy with it- I went with the jet set up from the data base and she runs great, and not too loud-

• mmello

Posted February 03, 2006 - 05:13 PM

I have the SUPER TRAPP IDS-2 RACING with the 16 disks on it in my 2005 WR-450 .
I did not like it. :thumbsup: :bonk: it is a short pipe with a loud noise , and a lot of hi end .
I lost a lot of low,mid end !!!! I also tried 10,12,14 disks and it did not work well.!!
What can I do to my stock pipe to get some more of it ? Because I spent a lot of money in these one, down here !!( the Super Trapp )
Without spending some money ( put something out ?)

Thanks !!!! ALL TT´ers :thumbsup:

05 WR450 - all free mods, JD Jetting, Boyelsen Acc Pump, 160 MJ, 48 PJ, red #4.

• 450 Hurricane

Posted February 04, 2006 - 02:18 PM

Dr D full system gets my vote.

• tony1970

Posted February 04, 2006 - 02:30 PM

I have the SUPER TRAPP ISD2 RACING with the 16 disks on it in my 2005 WR-450 .
I did not like it. :eek: :p :eek: :lol: :p :worthy: it is a short pipe with a loud noise , and a lot of hi end . :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :banana: :foul:
I lost a lot of low,mid end !!!! I also trid 10,12,14 disks and it did not work well.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What can I do with my stock pipe to get some more of it ? I payed a lot for this in Brazil !!( the Supper Trapp ) :foul: :cool: :prof: :bonk: :eek: :lol: :lol: :p :banana:
Without spending some money ( put something out ?)

Thanks !!!! ALL TT´ers :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bonk: :bonk:

05 WR450 - all free mods, JD Jetting, Boyelsen Acc Pump, 160 MJ, 48 PJ, red #4.

A Pro Moto Billet insert. I love mine. Bike has more power than I will ever use.

• Seabass

Posted February 04, 2006 - 02:46 PM

I was runnung the BigGun Evo R pipe and was pleasantly suprised with the low/ mig gains. District 37 desert series is having mandatory sound testing at their events this year, and at the Desert MC National my pipe blew a 106 db!!!! Ouch!! I put my stock pipe back on last night and could really notice the difference.

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted February 04, 2006 - 03:21 PM

I like the Yosh exhaust also. Have one on my Raptor 660R and is awesome!

• JRAMBO

Posted February 04, 2006 - 03:48 PM

I have the newer White Bros.E-2 it is a lot quieter than my old pipe which was also a white bros. eliptical disc it blew a 102 db at the races so I changed to the E-2 it is a lot quieter but don't know if it is 96 or not.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.