450 Shootout Results

8 replies to this topic

Posted January 28, 2006 - 07:53 PM

Official 450 Shootout Results.............

Rags Honda Kawi Yamaha Suz KTM
MXA 2 5 1 3 4
Dirt Rider 1 2 5 3 4
Dirt Bike 1 3 2 5 4
Transworld 2 1 3 4 5
Cycle News 1 2 4 3 5
RacerX 3 1 2 3 5
10 14 17 21 27

I give up trying to add columns to this thread :bonk:

results =

Honda 10 points
Kawi 14 points
YZF 17 points
Suki 21 points
KTM 27 points

In the eyes of the Rags, Honda is Still CHAMP.

I Love my 3rd place bike............... :thumbsup:

Posted January 28, 2006 - 08:26 PM

thumbs down icon............. :eek: I don't know how to erase it from the thread.............. and I don't know how it turned on............. :thumbsup:

IMO, all 2006 Bikes KICK AZZ...............

I just wanted to put all the Rag results together.....I can't seem to add columns to the post to clean it up......... :bonk:

Honda still King...

Kawi Great First Year Bike.....

YZF - I own one, all I can say is WOW

Suki, KTM.... :thumbsup:

I wonder what 2007 has in store for us.............

• yz_for_me

Posted January 28, 2006 - 08:33 PM

Yea, definately a good time to be in the market for a new 450. More than ever, you really can't make a bad choice. :thumbsup:

• VETMX808

Posted January 28, 2006 - 08:34 PM

I wonder what 2007 has in store for us.............

Another 8 million posts just like the ones we have seen this year! :bonk:

Very nice to see the bikes all over in the mags :thumbsup: , this tells us WE all made the right choice...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slubcr

Posted February 14, 2006 - 01:10 PM

nice math and good post. I guess it's clear the CRF owns another year. I can say that because I have one. lol. They are all great bikes. These bikes are amazing and so easy to ride. I mean could you imagine riding a 2-smoke anymore... ouch, I just hurt my brain.

• NYMXer

Posted February 14, 2006 - 01:37 PM

I'll just add that I 'WAS' a 2 stoke lifever and now after riding a few 4 strokes, picked the YZ450F as my ultimate race machine!

• PK

Posted February 14, 2006 - 06:16 PM

They all are great bikes this year. I called my buddy tonight to see if he wanted to go riding and he said he can go but has to ride his wife's CRF250 because the valves on his 05 CRF450 went 0 clearance again. This is the second time he's had to do the valves on that bike. My 03 YZ450 has had one valve that was shimmed and it's got quite a bit of hours on it. That, coupled with the fact that my wifes CRF250 can't go over a year without the valves going to 0 and burning more oil than an old Desoto is why I'll get another Yamaha.

• Satch0922

Posted February 14, 2006 - 07:22 PM

Official "Satch" 450 Shootout Results: (they say a picture is worth a thousand words)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• bigdrtrdr

Posted February 14, 2006 - 07:23 PM

I like what Dirt Rider said.
Put 15 lbs of air in the tires or change the clickers a click or 2 and any of these bikes could be in last place.
Thats How Good They ALL! are.

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.