Re-jet Expectation

28 replies to this topic
  • Motosprtman

Posted February 03, 2006 - 08:21 AM

Below is a e-mail reply that I got from dynojet, when I asked them why they do not provide a pilot jet in the kit.

"With our needle that we have developed for that machine we do not have to
enlarge the pilot jet. "

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 7:32 AM
To: bkoontz@dynojet.com
Subject: RE: FW: Dyonjet installed

Thanks Ben! I will re-intsall the air box snorkle and see ... one other ?
for you. Why is there no pilot et contained in the kit.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted February 03, 2006 - 09:05 AM

"With our needle that we have developed for that machine we do not have to enlarge the pilot jet. "

I'm guessing they were just too cheap to tool-up for a pilot jet, and too proud to send a keihin with the kit!

Dave

• martinfan30

Posted February 03, 2006 - 09:48 PM

i havent seen a problem with my djet ive intstalled in my pig. it runs very well! dont really understand the bad hype this kit gets. if im missing on something let me know!

• Motosprtman

Posted February 04, 2006 - 07:50 AM

I agree mine runs fine with the dynojet kit in also. Yesterday I slipped the snorkle back into the aitrbox and there was no performance difference at all. I will have to do a plug read and see if there is any difference with it in or out, I doubt there is. I think the dynojet kit is a simple and effective way to correct the stock lean condition and it is very easy to do too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted February 04, 2006 - 12:01 PM

the only thing i can think of is the cost of the kit compared to the cost of doing a home rejet. later! :thumbsup:

• kelleyseiler

Posted February 12, 2006 - 07:03 AM

I have installed a dynojet kit on my XR650L 2006 and am very very satisfied with the outcome. I really didnt think the cost was too much, paid $43.00 on ebay and it came with everything. The trottle response was improved greatly. I have a wileyco exhaust and K&N filter and it is desnorkeled.
http://photobucket.c...8/kelleyseiler/
click modifications

• Wheels up

Posted February 12, 2006 - 08:04 AM

165 main...stock pilot.

DJ spring and needle. Needle clip is on 3 from the bottom.

Works and starts awsome.

• martinfan30

Posted February 12, 2006 - 05:48 PM

question 4 ya, kelleyseiler. did you also drill the slide and remove snorkel? i did, i know some who havent and they have minor driveability issues. just curious! oh whats your elevation and which djet main did you use?

• kelleyseiler

Posted February 12, 2006 - 06:50 PM

didnt drill the slide, did remove the snorkel, I installed the 165 main and we are about 2500 ft. she runs really well, very quick throttle response, and top end is improved a great deal also. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 8 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.