Xr650r idle?

3 replies to this topic
  • Modsport02

Posted January 28, 2006 - 04:22 PM

The idle on my xr650r seems way to high, what do I need to do to lower the idle?

Thanks,
Jake

• 4whlfun

Posted January 28, 2006 - 04:39 PM

That is an easy one. When you are setting on the bike. Reach down with your left hand, there is a knob with a cable that goes to the carb. You can adjust it with the bike running, wait till it is warm. If it doesn't adjust right, you might need to jet the carb. Due to someone before you opening up the air box or the exhaust. They sell the jet kit on ebay. It is easy to do. But if you are not mechanically inclined. :thumbsup: Pay someone or you will regret it

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Modsport02

Posted January 29, 2006 - 10:44 AM

where is the idle screw located on the carb though?

• skyriver

Posted January 29, 2006 - 11:05 AM

It's the only easily adjustable screw down there Jake. C'mon now. And 4wheelfun is right. Save yourself some grief and only adjust when warmed up. Another 650R tidbit. If you turn it down too low you'll stall after long stretches of constant throttle. I only have had this happen on roads where I'm sustaining 35-45 mph and then come to a stop sign or intersection. I've never had that trouble off-road.
Have fun learning and when you get overwhelmed with all the details..... stop! Just fill her up and go ride!

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.