XR650L Rear Rack and Bag

8 replies to this topic
  • GrayGhost

Posted January 28, 2006 - 09:35 AM

Finally finished Rear Rack for the "L", now if the new tail light would just arrive. Rack is 316SS, 1/2" square stock, painted with Hammer finish. Made so that original tool bag stays in place, and the new Moose bag mounts behind. Also finished bobbing front fender 4.5" and drilling and screening back of fender for cooling. This forum is a great place for ideas. Thanks for the help. See my garage for pictures of all Mods
Posted Image
Posted Image

• goblin127

Posted January 28, 2006 - 10:08 AM

Nice work! I like the screen in the fender idea. Was it you that built the rack?

• phuzz

Posted January 28, 2006 - 10:46 AM

Nice work! I like the screen in the fender idea. Was it you that built the rack?

x2. Very nice.

Do you have any pics from the top, with the bag removed?

I fabrication costs are reasonable, you could make/sell those
for some extra $$$. :thumbsup:

• GrayGhost

Posted January 28, 2006 - 11:39 AM

Yeah, I built the rack, no pictures without the bags, but I will have them off for wiring the new tailight, and will shoot one from the top and post, hopefully the light will be here this next week. mean while, here are a couple from the top and bottom with bags.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted January 31, 2006 - 06:54 AM

nice rack! I noticed you have that epoxy floor coating. i have 2 boxes (2 kits) of that same color. any advise on laying it down? any problems you had applying coat? going to do it in a month or two. any advise is appr. thanx :thumbsup:

• GrayGhost

Posted January 31, 2006 - 04:28 PM

No advice, just followed the direction and it goes down, great, haven't had any problems. Don't wait, just do it, makes cleanup a breeze, this picture is in my garage, shop has the same finish without the speckles.

• martinfan30

Posted January 31, 2006 - 05:55 PM

thanks i will soon be coating!

• radvocaat

Posted January 31, 2006 - 08:43 PM

I like the fender idea, looks like it'll work well. Any pics of the chopped fender out front, im think'n of doing something similar, or going with a xr400r fender. Nice work man!!
Very clean bike!!

• roadcam

Posted January 31, 2006 - 10:45 PM

here's how I bobbed and drilled a stock XR650L front fender ... used a Dremel ... easy, cheap :thumbsup:

Related Content

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.