Convert WR450 to a YZ?

2 replies to this topic
  • Lewis_YFZ_450

Posted January 28, 2006 - 07:29 AM

I've been thinking about motocross racing bikes, I raced quads and that was fun but now i want to try something new. I was wondering if it would be possible to make my wr more like a yz with suspension and engine work? I can't afford to go buy a yz (i work at the local grocery store lol) or else i would and at the time when i bought the bike i wasn't interested in racing. any tips????? :thumbsup: any way to make the bike lighter?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted January 28, 2006 - 07:55 AM

starter/batt removal=13 lbs less,this allows the use of a yz airbox=1 lb less,yz rear fender= 1lb less,lightwt sprocket,ti exhaust,on up to ti spring and axle/bolt kits,it goes on and on just depends on how far you want to take it. i took over 20 lbs off my 04 wr450 and the difference was amazing :thumbsup:

• jonha

Posted January 30, 2006 - 09:30 AM

Remove all the enduro stuf, side stand etc. Change the exhaust cam to a YZ cam or Hot Cams. Full race exhaust, DrD. YZ number plate/rear fender fits perfectly. Revalve/spring suspension ($700.00). Aluminum rear sprocket, remove starter and battery. Close to YZ weight with a 5 speed trans and heavier flywheel.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.