06 450.. What is stock handle bar bend?

9 replies to this topic
  • jgerdi

Posted January 27, 2006 - 12:24 PM

I picked my 06 limited up yesterday. It feels like my 04 crf250 only with a geeked up motor. I rode at a friends practice track, tight no berms single rut for the inside corners. It feels as light as my 250f and I can't say that my crf didn't have the same push.
Any way I want to order some pro tapers and trying to compare the height and pull back. I like the pull back on the stock bars but it is said that taller bars help the 450. I did not notice any name on my bars under the pad. Does anyone know what bend is stock on the 06 450

• beezer

Posted January 27, 2006 - 12:33 PM

GYT sells taller bar risers for the YZ. I ordered mine from my Yamaha dealer.

• jgerdi

Posted January 27, 2006 - 12:43 PM

In pensacola the dealer gets retail plus and does not carry any bars,chains,sprockets,levers.
How much were the bar mounts?

• beezer

Posted January 27, 2006 - 01:35 PM

I don't even know to be honest.

I figured risers were much easier and cheaper than bars.

Lots of Yamaha parts on the net though.

• zcookie49

Posted January 27, 2006 - 05:00 PM

are the stock risers 35mm height?
Pro taper sells the risers in 35,45,55 mm heights. Recomendations appear to go up 10mm from the stock set up... $60 for the pro tapers.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted January 27, 2006 - 06:29 PM

GYT sells taller bar risers for the YZ. I ordered mine from my Yamaha dealer.

Do you have specs as far as how much taller and forward the new ones are vs. stock?

Also do they look like the stockers?

• DPW

Posted January 27, 2006 - 06:34 PM

Pro taper sells the risers in 35,45,55 mm heights.

I think the risers on the Pro Taper site are for their clamps..not the OEM Yamaha clamps.

• mxmark

Posted January 27, 2006 - 10:11 PM

Do you have specs as far as how much taller and forward the new ones are vs. stock?

Also do they look like the stockers?

I called Yamaha today and they did not have the specs. They did not even have the part #'s. The number for the risers is GYT-2S275-10-00 Retail is like 60.00. Thank you Mark

• mitocross

Posted January 28, 2006 - 04:09 AM

The stock bars are close to the Carmichael ProTaper bend. That is the starting point. :bonk:

I bought CR-Hi bend,they are higher and I like more sweep too.
:thumbsup:

• DPW

Posted January 28, 2006 - 06:11 AM

thanks..for the info Mark. I may just order the parts and see what happens.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.