Vortex ignition???

8 replies to this topic
  • jnybbad1l40

Posted January 27, 2006 - 11:38 AM

I am getting ready to install a Vortex Ign on my 03 wr450. I have the grey wire mod done. Will this effect the ign??

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 27, 2006 - 11:59 AM

No. Have fun with the traction setting!

• drewpeacock

Posted January 27, 2006 - 02:39 PM

No. Have fun with the traction setting!

:thumbsup: :bonk: :confused:I thought Matty said they were great.

• Matty05

Posted January 27, 2006 - 07:53 PM

They are great!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted January 28, 2006 - 05:11 AM

:thumbsup: :bonk: :confused:I thought Matty said they were great.

I was complimenting the vortex ignition's traction setting mode. :thumbsup:

• bullbar74

Posted January 30, 2006 - 03:41 AM

where can I find out about this grey wire mod I want to do this to my WR 450 05 & how much difference does it make.

• xr_man

Posted January 30, 2006 - 03:52 AM

where can I find out about this grey wire mod I want to do this to my WR 450 05 & how much difference does it make.

ooohhh tricky one ....dont think theres ANY info available in the search on that one :thumbsup:

• Matty05

Posted January 30, 2006 - 05:44 AM

Only because your Aussie.......

Yeah mate, it is the grey wire coming off the ignition module on the 6 pin connector. It is in the middle of the connector, it is actually the ground wire.

You have to take off your tank to see it. Just pull it out of the connector with long nose pliers, that way you can put it back in later on if you want to. Just wrap the loose wire end with electrical tape.

It does make a bit of a difference, it advances the spark to YZ ignition timing, which adds a little bit of power to the mid - top end. No loss in bottom.

Vortex ignition way better if you are wanting to know.......

Have fun cobber!

• mywr4504stroker

Posted June 16, 2013 - 01:46 AM

how to i adjust the vortex on a wr450 please

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.