will a YZF450 quad exhaust fit a WR450

7 replies to this topic
  • Vader3d

Posted January 27, 2006 - 09:24 AM

will a YZF450 quad exhaust fit a WR450 or are they made different for quads than bikes...

• kevin204

Posted January 27, 2006 - 09:45 AM

I'm 99.9% sure they are comepletely different, but I'm not an expert.

• vorra65

Posted January 27, 2006 - 09:51 AM

I'm 99.9% sure they are comepletely different, but I'm not an expert.

Word, two completely different sub frame's. And yes, I had an 04 YFZ (forgive me LOL) before I scored my WR. You do have the advantage of fabrication though, sine the YFZ exhaust is an all steel unit. You may very well be able to "make" it fit. If you go this route, pony up some pic's for us to peruse. :thumbsup:

• TWILES

Posted January 27, 2006 - 11:29 AM

I heard somewhere they would fit the WR. I think its only the 2005 + models though. Email a pipe builder. They will know. Even if it will bolt up I don't think it will fit inside the number plate. It would be too big cause all the quad pipes are round.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted January 27, 2006 - 03:50 PM

Why would you want that hunk-o-junk on your WR anyways?

• Lewis_YFZ_450

Posted January 30, 2006 - 07:48 AM

The stock exhaust pipe on a YFZ is 14 + pounds, thats why i replaced mine, the stock WR pipe can't weigh that much, why sacrafice the lighter pipe? :thumbsup:

• Koko Azuela

Posted January 30, 2006 - 09:51 AM

It won't fit, 2 different subframes, different bends in the exhaust..

• Punisher 660

Posted January 31, 2006 - 09:21 AM

It absolutely will not fit. I have both, and would never in a million years even recommend using the YFZ stock exhaust, let alone on my WR - The YFZ exhaust is however one of the best paperweights you will find :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.