Mirrors on 650L ?

9 replies to this topic
  • goblin127

Posted January 27, 2006 - 08:49 AM

Just woundering what would be a good choice to replace my right mirror with. I know that in a good fall it is possible to break not only the mirror but the front brake Res. Any one with a good alternative. Thanx.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted January 27, 2006 - 08:53 AM

I have the ken sean folding mirrors.
Decent view, not too shaky, they'r about $13 and they fold and disappear.
I rotate mine and then fold them, and they tuck behind the speedo!

Dave

• roadcam

Posted January 27, 2006 - 09:52 AM

I really like my Dual-Star mirrors ... technically, not DOT legal, but very good positioning to survive crashes (VERY important as clumsily as I ride) .. and very good vision regarding vibration .. :thumbsup:

http://i15.photobuck...cockpitview.jpg

• goblin127

Posted January 27, 2006 - 09:55 AM

Thanx guys! Road cam do those fold out.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted January 27, 2006 - 12:09 PM

Thanx guys! Road cam do those fold out.

nope.........and about the folding mirrors, the acherabis ones are garbage....mine just fold down from vibration going down the road.....maybe if you put some sticky stuff in there it would help but ive got one and its junk....by the way, you dont need a right mirror to be street legal, just left.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted January 27, 2006 - 03:58 PM

Just woundering what would be a good choice to replace my right mirror with. I know that in a good fall it is possible to break not only the mirror but the front brake Res. Any one with a good alternative. Thanx.

Check pic in my garage.

They are just some aftermarket universal mirrors I used on my 250R for legality
and safety as a DS bike. I put them on the L since they were lowere than the stock ones, and the 250R is straight dirt usage now anyway.

I can try to find the brand, if you like. Got them at Bates Cycle in Dallas for like $12 or something inexpensive like that.

• roadcam

Posted January 27, 2006 - 09:22 PM

nope.........and about the folding mirrors, the acherabis ones are garbage....mine just fold down from vibration going down the road.....maybe if you put some sticky stuff in there it would help but ive got one and its junk....by the way, you dont need a right mirror to be street legal, just left.

I dont know what Mass. law is, etc.., but I do know Nevada requires BOTH mirrors ..

• LotsOfBikes

Posted January 27, 2006 - 11:57 PM

I also have the Ken Sean mirrors. They fold away nicely, and they are very inexpensive!

I have a picture of them visible HERE

• goblin127

Posted January 28, 2006 - 10:18 AM

I'm sticking to two mirrors,ive got alotta traffic in my area. Lots of little wanna be low riders that think there are no traffic laws, these people pass on the left right or drive right over you. When the cops pull them over the car is registered to there 80 year old great grand mother and the gun thats found in the car is stolen.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted January 28, 2006 - 11:35 AM

I dont know what Mass. law is, etc.., but I do know Nevada requires BOTH mirrors ..

yeah, michigan just needs the left one......so if you put a dot left and a non dot right on, you would be ok.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.