Boysen Accel Pump mod??

5 replies to this topic
  • Decreasing Dave

Posted January 27, 2006 - 04:15 AM

Do I need this on a my '06 YZ450??

I haven't seen anything posted on it here.

• lipskid

Posted January 27, 2006 - 06:00 AM

Mine has excellent throttle response, no bog anywhere. If it did I think I would try jetting first. Fixed it with a smaller leak jet on the WR. Way cheaper. JMO

• mtrdrms

Posted January 27, 2006 - 06:33 AM

It helped incredibly on my 250. I couldnt see getting any better throttle response out of my 450. I did however jet the 450. 170 main, 48pilot.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Beanb1

Posted January 27, 2006 - 07:00 AM

If I remember correctly, the 06 450F comes with a 45 leak jet, which is about where you want it to be based on past experience (40). I was going to put my boysen pump on also, but have been more than happy with the acceleration. I haven't notice a bog yet.

• Ga426owner

Posted January 27, 2006 - 01:52 PM

Someone posted a mod to the Accelerator pump adjuster with wiretie - :thumbsup:
this would do the same - anyone have this info to post?

Posted January 27, 2006 - 01:57 PM

If your bike has a bog or hesitation anywhere, you will love it.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.