06 YZ450 grey wire

11 replies to this topic
  • mlight9

Posted January 26, 2006 - 06:57 PM

Can you put a grey wire jumper on the 2006 YZ450F's? Going woods riding this weekend and thought it would be nice to have. :thumbsup: :bonk:

• Decreasing Dave

Posted January 27, 2006 - 02:40 AM

Sorry, but what is a Grey wire jumper??

Dave

• lipskid

Posted January 27, 2006 - 06:13 AM

Grey wire enables a second ignition map so the poor WR will run with all the ridicules plugs and crap that come on it. Your YZ doesn't have this map. Probably wouldn't run with it any way.

You might try one of those new throttle barrels with a different cam on it. Supposed to make smaller throttle openings less abrupt(not sure how to explain it, it's early). Can't remember who makes them. Anyone?

• Reyndogg

Posted January 27, 2006 - 06:25 AM

My 02.... it's a 450, run it a gear higher and let that torque work for you.

• mtrdrms

Posted January 27, 2006 - 06:31 AM

51 tooth rear - huge difference :thumbsup:

• jeffboyd47m

Posted January 27, 2006 - 07:29 AM

Can you put a grey wire jumper on the 2006 YZ450F's? Going woods riding this weekend and thought it would be nice to have. :thumbsup: :bonk:

What are you trying to do? Make the power easier to ride? The 06 has the smoothest power spread and is so easy to ride why would you mess with it? At the most play with gearing like mtrdrms suggests.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • black_n_blue_thumper

Posted January 27, 2006 - 10:17 AM

I put a 12-50 gearing combo on mine, works great. Maybe try something like that.

• jerryls

Posted January 27, 2006 - 10:21 AM

You might try one of those new throttle barrels with a different cam on it. Supposed to make smaller throttle openings less abrupt(not sure how to explain it, it's early). Can't remember who makes them. Anyone?

http://www.g2ergo.com/

Haven't tried one, but it looks promising.

Jerry

• Reyndogg

Posted January 27, 2006 - 10:48 AM

oh, i fogot to mention im running a 50 rear on my 06... hth

• Ga426owner

Posted January 27, 2006 - 11:27 AM

oh, i fogot to mention im running a 50 rear on my 06... hth

James how do you like the 50? I just got a 49 and 50 Ironman - not sure which to use yet for longer tracks....hell I have not even gotton the bike out yet to test - what are the differences you noticed wiith this 5 speed?

• mlight9

Posted January 27, 2006 - 03:36 PM

I'm not worried about the power the bike puts out. My buddies are going woods riding this weekend and it is tight and nasty. Just thought it would be nice to have a little softer power curve without spending to much money on sprockets and such. Thanks for the input though.

• gdbarr1976

Posted January 27, 2006 - 08:25 PM

If you are going to ride a 06 450f in the woods tomorrow, you better get to work. My suggestion...
#48 pilot jet
michellin s12's front and rear
51 tooth sprocket in the rear
pro moto spark arrestor end cap with silent insert
rekluse auto clutch
turn your idle up
o ring chain
barkbusters
Now you are close! :thumbsup:

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.