Changing gears

1 reply to this topic
  • jaffie

Posted September 12, 2001 - 10:49 AM

Can anybody tell me if it can damage the gearbox when i shift gears without using the clutch.
If so how do you guys do it standing up and use the clutch and shift gear.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ron_in_SoCal

Posted September 12, 2001 - 11:27 AM

I rarely use the clutch to shift, been doing this for more years than I care to say, and have never had any transmission problems whatsoever.

Do not "jam" it into gear while under power or you will hurt your bike. Turn the throttle off for a second to relieve any load on the transmission and shift. When standing, be careful not to turn the throttle off to much or for to long, or you may end up taking a real close look at your front fender or worse.

Hope this helps.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.