Clarke stock size gas tank info

4 replies to this topic
  • Scott_F

Posted September 12, 2001 - 10:19 AM

I recently spoke with "the owner" and she said that it is available in clear, white, yellow, blue, dark blue, and black. When I asked what measures they took to prevent the dreaded cracks at the rear of the tank, she said their tank was about the same thickness, but because they use crosslinked HDPE, it should not crack.

• MS

Posted September 13, 2001 - 08:36 AM

I just installed the Clarke (blue) YZ 3.3 gallon tank on my 98 WR... What a difference in handling.. I have used the tank in about 3 enduros, with no defects to date... my scores have dropped dramatically, due to this tank/seat combo.. I put Factory Effex graphics on and all seems to be fine for now.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scott_F

Posted September 13, 2001 - 09:26 PM

I should have said YZF stock size.

• bonez34

Posted September 14, 2001 - 07:28 PM

my friend just got his on and he said it was good quality. it looked like stock to me with NO clark embossed on the side, just the bottom-hehe. he broke his and gas ran onto the icy cold header. luckily there was no fire!!!

• Scott_in_KC

Posted September 21, 2001 - 12:09 PM

Has anyone had experience with the Clear? Is the Clarke thinner too? I stand a lot and even standing that tank is hard to grip with my legs, let alone the seated turn scenario. Anyway, just wondering about the colors. Have seen the white/clear in mags before, but wondering about discoloring. Also heard that some of the Clarke tanks were more prone to off-gassing fuel smell through the plastic, more so than say an IMS. Now this could have been on older tanks with different compostition too.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.