Riding double on the WR450

3 replies to this topic
  • jamesravenwood

Posted January 26, 2006 - 11:33 AM

Anybody ever found a good way for a second person to ride on the 450? The bike certainly has the power, but I havent found a good place for my woman to put her feet while riding. Or a place to put feet pegs. Any one else ridding double?

James
2005 WR450

• SJMC_DON

Posted January 26, 2006 - 12:51 PM

If you look around some of the catalogs or bike shops you might find some of those rear pegs that clamp around the swingarm.

Good luck, and don't fling her off the back, wives don't like that too much :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncampion

Posted January 26, 2006 - 09:11 PM

I tried some clamp on pegs on the swingarm, but it's pretty tight on the seat. Not a good two up bike for anything over a mile or so.

• RichBaker

Posted January 27, 2006 - 03:06 PM

4 strokes only, or one of the other dual sport companies sells some peg mounts that attach to the subframe tubes...they look pretty clean and won't go up & down with the swingarm...can you say unsprung weight?! I had an XL250 years ago which had the buddy pegs in the swingarm. Had gf that loved to ride in the dez. She'd stand on the pegs and boy did that make the bike handle like crap....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.