New exhaust on my 06

5 replies to this topic
  • black_n_blue_thumper

Posted January 25, 2006 - 09:35 PM

I installed the DR. D system on my 06 450 today. Man, its nice. I got the Spark arrestor and have a quiet core on the way. It seems that the overall noise level is a little less :thumbsup: and bottom end power seems improved a hair as well. Fit and finish was perfect. I didnt have many hours on my stocker and I am not a real good rider so its hard to tell exact differences but I needed something with a S/A and a quiet option. For $450.00 for the whole system, it will be hard to beat. The dealership had one on their highly modded race bike(06 450) and also tried the FMF full mega bomb system. They said there really was much performance difference, maybe the FMF pulled alittle better on the top end. But for almost half the money, they really thought the DR. D was the way to go.

• Yak

Posted January 25, 2006 - 09:41 PM

I have one on my 06 250F too. I really like it. Yeah, the power gains arent phenominal, but it did give it a little extra pull on the bottom. Mine fit perfect. The fit and finish is really good. Nice to have the sparky too for California OHV areas.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted January 25, 2006 - 10:04 PM

Yeah, the power gains arent phenominal, but it did give it a little extra pull on the bottom. Mine fit perfect. The fit and finish is really good. Nice to have the sparky too for California OHV areas.

Yeah, I cant use all the power anyway, most of the time. I really needed the spark arrestor and quiet core, plus a little extra power, especially low end, never hurt. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bud

Posted January 26, 2006 - 05:02 AM

can you post a picture of the dr d on the 06?

• Yak

Posted January 26, 2006 - 08:49 AM

You can really see much from this pic.... but here it is.

Posted Image

• YZF831

Posted January 27, 2006 - 05:11 PM

You can really see much from this pic.... but here it is.

Posted Image

I like your buddies number plate background :thumbsup: . That looks sweet man I'm thinking of getting one myself someday soon, $$ ya know, it's tough after you get a new bike.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.