Need Opinion on 426 look.

10 replies to this topic
  • dirttrack25

Posted January 25, 2006 - 08:58 PM

Alright guys the time has come to update the plastics on this old beast. I still have the stock blue frame so keep that in mind. Im thinking of either buying all new blue and black rims, or all yellow with blue rims to match the frame. The reason I say blue wheels with the yellow is because I dont want to take time to change frame color. Which do you guys think I should go with?

• Yak

Posted January 25, 2006 - 09:02 PM

Go with the black. The Yamha Blue is so deep is almost purple, you wont easily find blue anodized rims to match, most blue anodized rims are sky blue. Im not fond of yellow, but thats just my opinion, yellow screams "suzuki!" to me.

• 450_rider

Posted January 26, 2006 - 08:17 AM

Take a look at my bike in my garage, i know its not a 426 but its got blue plastic and black excel rims.

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted January 26, 2006 - 08:47 AM

Go with the black. The Yamha Blue is so deep is almost purple, you wont easily find blue anodized rims to match, most blue anodized rims are sky blue. Im not fond of yellow, but thats just my opinion, yellow screams "suzuki!" to me.

i agree with you, i'm wanting to powder coat my frame and go black plastic. Yellow does scream Suzuki....

Black is proably my fav color...the only downfall with going black is people will probably try to associate you with the Metal Militia

• kizzle426

Posted January 26, 2006 - 09:45 AM

I'm about to get black rear fender, side panels, and lower fork guards. Then I'm going to put the FX Evo 2 kit on it. I think it'll be a really nice blend. I don't really like the bikes when they're all blue. they need some black.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pincushion

Posted January 26, 2006 - 11:04 AM

Take a look at my bike in my garage, i know its not a 426 but its got blue plastic and black excel rims.

First off.... nice bike! Looks real good.

Secondly... Hella nice cars!!!! I think I spy a 65' fastback 2+2. What else in there?

To the poster: Blue plastic, black rims & black seat. Clean & mean looking.

• kevin204

Posted January 26, 2006 - 11:55 AM

Nice cars, nice bike too! :thumbsup:

• MTRSPORTDAN

Posted January 26, 2006 - 12:25 PM

I am in the middle of changing plastics and sticker on my 250f. I like black also but don't want the militia look. What I came up with was black rims and all blue plastics with a mostly black sticker kit. I am in the middle of the project and will post some pics as soon as it's done. I am just waiting for a couple of pieces to come in and will hopefully get it done this weekend. As for the blue rims that is what I am putting on my WR. My blue rims are excels and they are a pretty good match to my frame. They are such a dark blue they are almost purple. I will also get some pics for you when they get back from being trued.

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted January 26, 2006 - 12:43 PM

I am in the middle of changing plastics and sticker on my 250f. I like black also but don't want the militia look. What I came up with was black rims and all blue plastics with a mostly black sticker kit. I am in the middle of the project and will post some pics as soon as it's done. I am just waiting for a couple of pieces to come in and will hopefully get it done this weekend. As for the blue rims that is what I am putting on my WR. My blue rims are excels and they are a pretty good match to my frame. They are such a dark blue they are almost purple. I will also get some pics for you when they get back from being trued.

i'd been thinking about going black frame, black rims, and then blue plastic with possibly black graphics..... :thumbsup:

• dirttrack25

Posted January 26, 2006 - 01:35 PM

Alright sounds good to me, now I just have to find some graphics to cover that faded tank. Anyone have a non faded 426 tank?

• TotallyMetal

Posted January 26, 2006 - 07:06 PM

I think an all out black bike would look fantastic, There isn't that much blue to cover up on the frame. I want to Satin black the frame and add black excel rims, hmmm... :thumbsup: anyone know where I can get a black stock size tank. I also like my camo graphics on the shrouds.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.