glowing red hot muffler and BK Mod

6 replies to this topic
  • boxsterboy

Posted September 12, 2001 - 05:18 AM

I ran my bike at night and noticed my muffler got red hot and was glowing in the first bend of the pipe. It scared me. I shut the bike down fast. After thinking a bit on why that happened, I remembered someone here said that was normal. Is that true?

I just finished the BK MOD and was running it. I rode for about 45 minutes yesterday because my work shut down and I needed to clear my mind after watching news for 5 hours staight.
Since I only have 81 miles on my bike, I couldnt tell any difference. It was also the first time I rode with the Grey wire pulled. I think I have to take the air box off again and try to get the fuel to .3. Whats the best way to do it?

Thanks

------------------
01 WR426 Uncorked.

• mcarp

Posted September 12, 2001 - 06:47 AM

Yes, the red header is normal. It glows all the time, you just can't tell during the day.

Can't comment on the Bk mod,

• *mike68*

Posted September 12, 2001 - 07:11 AM

I did the BK mod as well and didn't notice much either. I have it set about .5 seconds.
I didnt do any needle clip changes though. I heard something about that as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DOC

Posted September 12, 2001 - 11:46 AM

There is no need to remove the airbox and subframe to check the sqiurt! Just remove the air box to carby boot, and wedge it back behind the frame tube. Use a torch and you should be able to see the brass jet sticking out. Thats all that needs to be done. Removing the air box and subframe takes way too long.
Everyone here is thinking about you guys...

• *mike68*

Posted September 13, 2001 - 08:17 AM

DOC
Torch means flashlight, right? Don't want anyone blowing up their ride.

• boxsterboy

Posted September 13, 2001 - 11:05 AM

Thanks God, I was going to use a ligher.

J/K
Rich in Dallas

------------------
01 WR426 Uncorked.

• DOC

Posted September 13, 2001 - 12:04 PM

Yes, torch as in flashlight. Sorry!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.